• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A few ideas
Thanks for the clarifications Andy.

Key Signature: You will also have control over what information is displayed for each song. You can configure what fields are displayed, and the format of those fields. So if you want all keys associated with a song displayed next to its title, you can configure it that way.

Scrolling: I am supporting a half page turn in portrait, but I think your idea for automatically turning the second half of the page after a few seconds would not be very useful in most cases, because different content takes different amount of time to be played. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I'd like to hear feedback from more users on whether or not this would be more useful than the half page turn feature I'm already going to provide. You can always use a pedal to turn the pages so your hands are free.

Medleys: I have been asked for the ability to have setlists in setlists, and unfortunately, having a medley show up in the song list is not really possible for the same reason I can't have setlists in setlists. My design will not allow for entries in a song list that are not songs, and trying to create another layer of abstraction over songs where every entry could be a song or a medley would be a huge undertaking. I can't have setlists inside setlists, because I store a list of songs in a setlist, so I would need to have another layer of abstraction over what a setlist contains that would cause huge design problems in certain areas of the application. I hate to disappoint, but I really can't commit to supporting medleys in the way you envision. The new version will allow you to add multiple files to one song though, so you could always set up a song as a medley with multiple files, basically getting you everything you asked for...

Thanks,
Mike

Messages In This Thread
A few ideas - by AndyL - 10-07-2014, 08:36 AM
RE: A few ideas - by Joche - 10-08-2014, 06:27 AM
RE: A few ideas - by Zubersoft - 10-08-2014, 03:21 PM
RE: A few ideas - by AndyL - 10-08-2014, 08:49 PM
RE: A few ideas - by Zubersoft - 10-09-2014, 01:57 AM
RE: A few ideas - by AndyL - 10-09-2014, 03:08 AM
RE: A few ideas - by Zubersoft - 10-09-2014, 04:45 AM
RE: A few ideas - by AndyL - 10-09-2014, 05:57 AM
RE: A few ideas - by Zubersoft - 10-09-2014, 06:06 AM