• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tif Images and suggested features
Thanks for a great program! Also for the recent add on of the Worship Genre. I can see this being a great program for 1000's of church bands. (In the light of that, a hymns genre may also be needed.) A great add on would be the ability to send new Setlists wirelessly between tablets, or the ability to slave a number of tablets to a master which is used by the band leader so he can switch songs on the fly and have the others follow suite automatically. Idea

Is there any plans on being able to import tif images to the app? The Companion software is able to convert pdfs to tifs, but will only do it on my computer. I have tried importing the tifs, and drag and dropping them, but it will not send across to the app. I have also tried batch importing them, and it does not find them when it scans the directory. Finally I have also tried directly adding a tif off the app, but it comes back that it is not supported. I am a bit confused as to why the Companion program will covert a pdf to a tif, but it is not able to be imported into or used by the app. Is this a planned upgrade for the future that is only partially complete?

I am interested in this as I have quite a few .tif images of music sheets. I have tried converting them to pdf's, but they lose too much detail.

Regards
(10-30-2012, 04:01 PM)Clifton Wrote: ...

I am interested in this as I have quite a few .tif images of music sheets. I have tried converting them to pdf's, but they lose too much detail.

Regards

Hi Clifton,

Just a suggestion while Mike considers your request for .TIF support: try converting those images to .PNG. They should be close to the same size and there should be no loss of detail, as it is a lossless format.

And "hi" from a fellow church user. So far there are only two of us in our choir who are using tablets (myself and a fellow tenor with an iPad), but other members are envious of us not having to fumble with books and loose sheets.
The Android platform does not natively support .tif files. I would have to write my own .tif reader and graphics solution to display it. I think it is definitely better for you to just convert your .tif files to .png. What I will do is add this to the Companion App so that, if you add a .tif file, it will offer to convert it to .png for you.
(10-30-2012, 11:08 PM)Zuberman Wrote: The Android platform does not natively support .tif files. I would have to write my own .tif reader and graphics solution to display it. I think it is definitely better for you to just convert your .tif files to .png. What I will do is add this to the Companion App so that, if you add a .tif file, it will offer to convert it to .png for you.

That would be great, I did try some other formats but they didn't work that good without a huge increase in file size. For some dumb reason I didn't try the .png format. Having it in the Companion program will also solve the problem of me having to convert the files one at a time through my corel program. Drag and drop conversion is so much faster.

Regards