• 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Crossfade Audio From Song to Song
Hi Mike,

I love MobileSheets! Would it be possible to add an audio crossfade feature to the MobileSheets audio player? I assign an audio background track to each song in my set list. If I turn the last page of a song to the next song in my set list, before the audio file is done playing, it abruptly stops the audio of the first song and begins the audio for the next song. It would be great if it would simply crossfade the audio files so the sound is seamless from one song to the next even if you turn the page before the end of the audio file. It's not a big deal in rehearsal, but in a performance it would be awesome.

Thanks for the consideration.
Jon
Some users have count ins for a couple bars so this should be an option if done.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk
Jon,

I can absolutely add this to the list of enhancements for MobileSheetsPro. It complicates the implementation of the audio player a little bit, but I can see some users wanting this. It would definitely be an option, and I would probably make the crossfade duration configurable.

Thanks,
Mike
Thanks Mike!

I would pay extra for a feature like that as I would use it with every performance. I try to medley my songs one into the next and if the audio beds crossfaded one into the next with the page turn, it would be the perfect combination.

Thanks for developing MobileSheets!

Jon
(10-29-2014, 04:33 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Jon,

I can absolutely add this to the list of enhancements for MobileSheetsPro. It complicates the implementation of the audio player a little bit, but I can see some users wanting this. It would definitely be an option, and I would probably make the crossfade duration configurable.

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike,

I'm stilling loving MobileSheets and use it on a daily basis for practice and performance.  I was wondering if you are any closer at adding the audio crossfade feature to the audio player?  Backing tracks have moved beyond a growing trend and have become pretty standard for performers.  I use them with almost every performance at this point and it would be great if the audio tracks crossfaded as I turned the page from one song to the next.

Thank again for providing such a great product.  I have been encouraging all of the musicians I play with to purchase MobileSheets.

Jon
This feature is still on my TODO list. Sorry I haven't made any progress on it yet. Between critical bugs and the windows 10 version, I haven't been able to tackle a lot of these new features, but I'll get to it soon! Thanks for your patience.

Mike
(06-13-2016, 08:52 AM)Zuberman Wrote: This feature is still on my TODO list. Sorry I haven't made any progress on it yet. Between critical bugs and the windows 10 version, I haven't been able to tackle a lot of these new features, but I'll get to it soon!  Thanks for your patience.

Mike

Thanks Mike!  As a temporary fix, i use a volume pedal in the audio out line, but it requires me to remember to fade the track out before advancing to the next song and fade the audio back in...one more pedal on the floor and one more thing to remember to do.  Looking forward to the addition of the feature, when you get to it.

I keep pushing every musician I know toward MobileSheets.

Thanks again!
Jon
Thanks for your help in spreading the word about MobileSheets!
Hi Mike, hi Jon,

we want to use MP3-Pads as backgroundmusic for worshipsongs and the role of these backings between two songs is one of the "special parts" and a hard break ist not the best way to stop the music.
We have 20-min-MP3s and with a crossfade between the songs and a fade out if there is no more song, or a song without MP3 it would be absolutely great and easy!
At the Moment the stop of a MP3 by songchange or direkt stop with button or pedal stop is very hard.
So if it's possible to define a time for crossfade, or fadeout when there's no MP3 in the song would be absolutely great!.
Maybe it's possible with a simple activation in the player area near the activation field for "MP3 auto start".
And if there would be another field for the duration of the crossfade it would be absolute perfect!!!

Mike, what do you think about the time when it will be in the update?

MobileSheetsPRO is great and we are now 15 musicians in our church who use it!

Great job @mike!
It would be great to get it soon, not only for me but for Jon and a lot of worshippers out in the churches!
GOD bless you!
violin, guitar and voice at the CGS-Schwabbach
@zuberman
are there any possibillyties to include the crossfade in nearer future?
GOD bless you!
@zuberman
some water run down the river and so I'll ask you again one year later about any possibillity for crossfades between the audio of two songs?
GOD bless you!
It's still on my list. I'm going to be making some pretty significant changes to the audio player backend after the annotations rework is completed. That will add the ability to pitch shift and speed up/slow down tracks, and it should also make it easy for me to add crossfade support.

Mike
I'm looking forward to that.

But since you brought up the audio revamp. Is there any chance you could also consider an old request of mine

https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...p?tid=3347

with that? I haven't got neither a reaction in the thread nor saw it on your to-do-list.
@zuberman

Hi Mike,

I just got caught up on this thread.  It's been awhile since I've checked.  I am really excited about the audio player upgrade you have planned.  I don't know if you have this is in the mix for the upgrade, but I wanted to through this request in the mix as well.  Backing tracks, click tracks and split tracks have become pretty common now for performers.  In addition to having the crossfade feature that we have talked about, it would be really useful to be able to assign the audio players output to either the left or right channel as well as the metronome's output to either the left or right channel.  That way you can use the metronome as a performance click track on one channel while sending the audio file to the other channel.

I have converted just about every musician I play with to MobileSheets.

Thanks again for the awesome app you have developed!

Jon
Any news on when crossfade will be supported? I am getting ready to purchase today and like others have said, I would GLADLY pay more for this feature...thank you!