• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem when opening MS
Hi All,

I'm having a problem which may or may not be MS related but this has happened on numerous occasions. When I try to open MS it will open and then a few seconds later an error will come up (something to do with Amazon Marketplace) and then MS will shut down. I then end up re-installing MS and then it will start working again with no problems. Not sure why this is happening. Any idea?

Thanks,
Ho'okani
Amazon enforces its own kind of DRM. Are you loading the application with a wifi connection? The DRM may be failing without it.
Yes, even when loading with wifi connected it fails. The error is "Amazon Appstore: internal failure. An internal error occured, please try re-launching the app again"

Thanks,
Ho'okani

Would it be better to get it from the Play Store? Most times, I am not connected while using the app.

Thanks,
Ho'okani
THIS IS VERY WORRYING !!!!

I installed MobileSheets from Amazon as the device i have got cannot access Google Play store unless i root it.

So far it works with wi-fi switched off, but for how long ?
I don't want to be doing a gig and a notice pops up saying connect to Amazon to verify your software.
I would not be connected to wifi when doing a gig.
After looking into this a little more, Amazon's DRM does not require wifi at all. Once you purchase the app, the Amazon DRM does an initial check to make sure the download is legit, and that's it. Sorry for the confusion - didn't mean to make you worry.

Yes, I would always advise using the Google Play Store if possible. You will get updates the fastest, and it allows you to submit error reports which really help me fix things faster.
i think I may have figured out what's causing the problem I was having. The issue happens whenever the tablet completely dies and I try to use the app after charging again. Seems to be tied to the fact that the date and time are screwed up after the tab dies. Once I put in the correct date and time the app will start working again.

Thanks,
Ho'okani