Poll: Would you like Master/Slave multiple tablets control option added to MobileSheets?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
YES
75.86%
22 75.86%
NO
24.14%
7 24.14%
Total 29 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bluetooth master/slave multiple tablets control
(04-27-2015, 12:46 PM)bumblebee Wrote: .... I have a small TP-link device to act as wifi hotspot...
...another alternative might be using Chromecast.

My idea was to declutter the stage (also avoid more stuff I have to carry to the gig).
Same idea as why MobileSheets exist - to avoid carrying heavy books.

Bluetooth offers automatic network configuration, authentication and service discovery; thereby making setting up an ad-hoc network much simpler for the average user, who is unlikely to be familiar with networking protocols and router configuration.

As the video show (around 1:52min mark) in my first post if MobileSheets Master could send page turning and song changing commands only I would be very happy.
(04-27-2015, 06:37 PM)otnt Wrote:
(04-27-2015, 12:46 PM)bumblebee Wrote: .... I have a small TP-link device to act as wifi hotspot...
...another alternative might be using Chromecast.

My idea was to declutter the stage (also avoid more stuff I have to carry to the gig).
Same idea as why MobileSheets exist - to avoid carrying heavy books.

Bluetooth offers automatic network configuration, authentication and service discovery; thereby making setting up an ad-hoc network much simpler for the average user, who is unlikely to be familiar with networking protocols and router configuration.

As the video show (around 1:52min mark) in my first post if MobileSheets Master could send page turning and song changing commands only I would be very happy.

I've also been waiting for this feature. In fact, I'm also eagerly waiting the Windows 8 version, but until then I'm determined to make Mobilesheets Pro work under Console OS, which is native android on the PC. Not quite there yet.. but I'll get it!

For now I've been using an Acer R7 gen 2 laptop with stylus for all the chart viewing for our band, as well as using it to write and edit our charts. I'm just using the standard Windows 8 PDF viewer along with an Airturn pedal. I use an HDMI splitter to send the signal to other monitors across the stage so that all the musicians have a 2 page view of the song. I'll compile the full setlist into one large PDF using Foxit Phantom, and any requests or deviations from the setlist can quickly be searched and pulled up as an additional tab in the pdf viewer. It's fast on stage, but clunky to set up every time, and changing setlist orders or swapping songs from the big pdf compiled file is tedious.

I'm hoping that this latest announcement from Microsoft regarding their support for porting android apps to Windows will be helpful to Mark in making the transition.

cheers,
Carlin
www.bigcityallstarband.com
Anybody knows if this feature will be implemented?
hello friends,

this feature (master/slave) is my wish Number one !

I dont want to ask my musicians partner "hey, what´s the next song?" any longer.
this is totally unprofessional.

Maybe "teamviewer" will support this feature very soon.

best wishes Paule
I'm very afraid this can only work when all members have the same tablets, the same software, and exactly the same settings. You want to send a page turning command to the others? Great -- but some may want to turn a full page, others a half-page, or whatever percentage as configured with the pedals settins. For ChordPro files, I like smaller lyrics and bigger chords, but a singer may want bigger lyrics and maybe no chords at all. We could never turn our pages at the same time. Have you even looked at an orchestra? You'll notice that most instrument groups have different scores, hence different moments to turn the page.
Also, when I'm about to press the pedal, I mentally prepare for the page being scrolled. I know where the current line is and where it will go to. If my screen would scroll unsollicited I'd probably (definitely) lose track.

I'm sure there could be situations where this feature would work, but I doubt whether it will be of sufficient general use to put a lot of effort in.

I fail to see a relation to "hey, what´s the next song?". I may assume veryone has a setlist, either on paper or on the tablet?
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
(06-22-2015, 06:02 PM)sciurius Wrote: I'm very afraid this can only work when all members have the same tablets, the same software, and exactly the same settings.

Please see the example showing interaction between iOS and Android: www.youtu.be/H-xTFnFNofc
The important point is to have same file name. Musicians can have a different parts of the same piece (violin 1, violin 2, viola, cello etc.) but the individual parts/files need to be saved with the same file name.

(06-22-2015, 06:02 PM)sciurius Wrote: ... some may want to turn a full page, others a half-page, page being scrolled...

For serious professional work you would use large (12inch and larger) tablets, 2-in-1, flip devices, monitors and ereaders. No more half-pages or scrolling.

(06-22-2015, 06:02 PM)sciurius Wrote: For ChordPro files, I like smaller lyrics and bigger chords, but a singer may want bigger lyrics and maybe no chords at all.

Yes we are discussing apples and oranges. I am interested in sheet music: MobileSheets - The Music Reader. You like ChordPro files and lyrics... Others MIDI, mp3, audio player, backing tracks, metronome, drawing, transposing, automatic scrolling... All that stuff bugging proper sheet music reader.

(06-22-2015, 06:02 PM)sciurius Wrote: We could never turn our pages at the same time. Have you even looked at an orchestra? You'll notice that most instrument groups have different scores, hence different moments to turn the page.

I am professional musician with many symphony orchestra, chamber orchestra and string quartet years done. I know there are many concerts with one or max two pages pieces long.
Having two pages (2 screens or one really large) in front there is no need to turn the page.

(06-22-2015, 06:02 PM)sciurius Wrote: I doubt whether it will be of sufficient general use to put a lot of effort in.

I am also sheet music producer. There is a huge demand for smaller ensembles sheet music. It's not that difficult to produce multi-page ensemble scores with the same bar number turn to turn at the same time.

Anyway once master/slave feature is enabled on MobileSheets I am happy to make YouTube tutorial.
Bluetooth mesh network standards should be announced soon so it might be easier to implement.
Here is another big vote for a master / slave feature to load songs on all tabs for a band.
Cross platform would be even better to integrate the ios folks. Filename or song name could be the link. 
I would not use this feature for page turning. 

Not sure if BT or WIFI is the better technology to use.
(09-08-2015, 01:46 AM)febus Wrote: Here is another big vote for a master / slave feature to load songs on all tabs for a band.
Cross platform would be even better to integrate the ios folks.

The 27500 member Bluetooth Special Interest Group has announced its 2016 technology roadmap. Massive upgrade includes:
- 4x longer range.
- 100% increase in speed increasing responsiveness and lowering latency.
- And mesh networking (device-to-device communication).

Bluetooth SIG includes all the key players like Intel, Google, ARM, Broadcom, Apple, Qualcomm to name a few.

I hope this will inspire a new development.
I recently was in a situation that the keyboard player and I needed to share the tablet. So I put the tablet on the music stand of the keyboard and stood behind the keyboard player, taking turns in operating the pedal. Neither of us could get used to the music suddenly being paged without being in control. For me, I noticed that I prepare myself for the paging of the music. I make sure that I read what I needed to read, then let go of the image in front of me, push the pedal and let it page, and then fix my eyes to the new location. When someone is sitting next to you and turns the pages, as often happens with concert pianists, you can see the other person moving from the corner of your eyes and you know exactly when the paper is going to be turned. Without advance warning, it becomes confusing.
Just my opinion, feel free to have your own.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
(11-17-2015, 05:28 PM)sciurius Wrote: Neither of us could get used to the music suddenly being paged without being in control.

That is what you get used to being a professional musician.
I'd like to vote YES for this feature, but I don't see the ballot box.
In any case, MobileSheets (Pro) has MANY features I don't use (yet), but I wouldn't want to deny them to folks who do use them.
This does look like something my wife and I could take advantage of immediately. If it proved to be intolerable, I/we could just not use it.
OTOH, I wouldn't want/expect Mike to spend time developing a feature that just a handful of users wanted.

As a side note, I have had a Bluetooth headset that could pair with two phones, so a pedal device could be made with that capability. Chances of getting a pedal manufacturer to make a pedal that way is pretty slim.
I could be wrong, it happened once before.
I would not vote for a shared page turning but I would vote for a shared set list and "load new song" signal.

I play in a band with 8 musicians. 6 use mobilesheets, 2 use forscore on ios. The sheets do not even have the same number of pages for the same song. So we are not always on the same page - but usually on the same song ;-)
This would certainly mean that songs would need to be named identically on all pads.
(07-25-2016, 02:57 AM)Steve B. Wrote: I'd like to vote YES for this feature, but I don't see the ballot box.

Not sure if you use Tapatalk which does not support polls.
Best is to open this poll in the web browser.
(10-30-2016, 09:03 AM)otnt Wrote:
(07-25-2016, 02:57 AM)Steve B. Wrote: I'd like to vote YES for this feature, but I don't see the ballot box.

Not sure if you use Tapatalk which does not support polls.
Best is to open this poll in the web browser.

No Tapatalk for me, thanks!
Found the button today and registered my preference.
I could be wrong, it happened once before.
MY VOTE IS YES!!!!

For bands that use multiple charts for different instruments (i.e. "Stand By Me - Bass" "Stand By Me - Drums" etc), there must be a way to MetaTag the SONG so that when the MD pulls up "Stand By Me - Piano", all the tablets running Mobile Sheets bring up their version of "Stand By Me", no matter which part they're reading.

Just my .02
12 tablets (Insignia, ONN, Dragon Touch). Ranging from Android 5 to 9.