Poll: Would you like Master/Slave multiple tablets control option added to MobileSheets?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
YES
75.86%
22 75.86%
NO
24.14%
7 24.14%
Total 29 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bluetooth master/slave multiple tablets control
(12-26-2016, 04:21 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Now that the Windows 10 version is completed, synchronization between tablets is one of the next big features on my TODO list.

THAT IS STELLAR NEWS!
12 tablets (Insignia, ONN, Dragon Touch). Ranging from Android 5 to 9.
(12-27-2016, 03:35 AM)dallaskruse Wrote:
(12-26-2016, 04:21 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Now that the Windows 10 version is completed, synchronization between tablets is one of the next big features on my TODO list.

THAT IS STELLAR NEWS!

Great to hear!

In response to some other questions in this thread, I play 2 - 3 keyboards and direct the band, but by using the sustain pedal, or waiting til phrases where I only need to play with one hand, I am still able to pull up a new song while playing the current song when requests occur.

I personally really appreciate all the features MS has to offer - including metronome, audio, and midi. I understand that not everyone is going to need these features, but they are invaluable to others, and what makes MS so well suited for the job vs just using a pdf reader. Mike has managed to accommodate most users requests, without compromising the speed of the app and without the additional features getting in the way of it's fundamental purpose - which will always be a sheet music viewer. That's not an easy task.

Mike- regarding tablet synchronization, I would assume the libraries would need to be sync'ed as well. I keep my full charts library in a Onedrive folder that already syncs on multiple laptops. Could there be a master mobilesheets database file in this same folder that can only be edited by the master laptop, but still read by all slave laptops/tablets, that would keep all files/setlists/etc up to date on all devices? Perhaps that's something I could even set up now already. I just don't want to risk corrupting the database file by having multiple devices accessing it.
I'm going to add synchronization features soon as well. For now, you could copy the database file manually to OneDrive after making any changes. Other people could then copy this file onto their device to get those changes. This poses no risk to your library.
Great news. One idea about sync between devices during the gig/show might be message like "Master device loaded new song named ABC, would you like to load this song on your device?" with yes/yes and automatically load next song when master device does so/no/load after next pedal press options.

Tablet: Surface Pro 8, 
Other: Strich BT-FP2, USB-MIDI connection to Kurzweil Forte 7
Looking forward to being able to control my wife's tablet for her.
The less she has to do beyond playing her instrument, the better.
I could be wrong, it happened once before.
Quick update on this: I have implemented the new dialog for setting up the connection among multiple tablets. When one tablet sets up a new group, other tablets can join it. At the moment, I only have wifi implemented. When the master loads a song or setlist, the other tablets load it as well. If the master turns one page forward or back, that command is sent to the others. If the master tablet skips to a page further in the song or setlist, the other tablets will do the same. I'm now going to work on bluetooth and wifi direct as other options for connecting the tablets. I'm not sure yet if it's going to be possible to use wifi-direct to connect Android tablets to Windows 10 tablets (from what I've read, this won't work), but the other options should work fine regardless of which version of MobileSheets is used. For those that are curious, wifi-direct allows you to connect multiple devices together without needing to be connected to a router. It basically creates a network on-the-spot between the devices.

Mike
Fantastic. Hope you are going to implement Bluetooth too.
BT has better energy rating and Wifi interference level is sometimes crazy.
Hope to tested soon.
I presume you need to use same library (same database file) on all tablets. Is there any way how this sync could work with different database on each device? It would be great that each member could have his own version of song/PDF with his own annotations and master tablet can somehow know what song slave tablets need to load...

(01-03-2017, 11:16 PM)NeoCZ Wrote: I presume you need to use same library (same database file) on all tablets. Is there any way how this sync could work with different database on each device? It would be great that each member could have his own version of song/PDF with his own annotations and master tablet can somehow know what song slave tablets need to load...

You will need same setlist and same file names.
I know that and that's why I'm asking if there is any way how this could work with different databases and how hard it would be to implement.

The only requirement is that the song title and file name match. I want to keep this feature fairly simple in nature, so I'm not going to allow the master to load other songs on other tablets, because that would start getting very complex, very fast (and require much more complex UIs). With setlists, the only requirement is that the setlist name matches. If the two setlist contents don't match, I don't check that, so in theory you could get away with loading different songs on different tablets that way.
Thanks for info, the setlist seems to be best way to load different versions/pdfs on slave devices. Once this feature is released, I will try it and report how it behaves.

Just a thought regarding the WIFI issue between the Android and Win 10 versions...

What if the 'master' tablet was also a WIFI hotspot?

No doubt the battery drain would increase, but it could be helpful for short sessions.
I could be wrong, it happened once before.
The way my charts are setup is that each chart is named the song title + part name. i.e. "Stand By Me © - Drums" "Stand By Me © - Violin 1".

I'm guessing this is going to cause a problem with synchronization?
12 tablets (Insignia, ONN, Dragon Touch). Ranging from Android 5 to 9.
A WiFi hotspot would certainly let you connect Windows 10 devices to Android.

As for the naming, if the song isn't named exactly the same thing on both devices, then you won't be able to use the feature to load the song on both devices simultaneously.