Poll: Would you like Master/Slave multiple tablets control option added to MobileSheets?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
YES
75.86%
22 75.86%
NO
24.14%
7 24.14%
Total 29 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bluetooth master/slave multiple tablets control
For those saying to "not add" the feature, how does this feature affect you if it was added?

This app replaces the antiquated 3 ring binder songbook. And for those old enough to remember using songbooks, what a hassle to have a 4 inch, 5lb. book on your music stand.

In my case, we're doing songs on the fly and songs need to be called up within seconds. There are plenty of times when on set and I need to call out a tune and in Live TV world, there's no time for people to shuffle through books, or for me to yell "BLUE BOSSA! C MINOR!!!" then have everyone fiddle with their tablets.

This feature, IMO, wouldn't effect those who "don't want it" but would add a SUPERIOR functionality to the app that is already available on iOS music apps like ForScore and OnSong.
12 tablets (Insignia, ONN, Dragon Touch). Ranging from Android 5 to 9.
Well, i didn't vote. I assume no means for most “I don't need it“ which is true for me, too. On the other hand I don't have anything against features that don't affect me otherwise.

But I have to say there are a dozen or more features I really want to see tackled before Mike uses his programming time on such a niche feature (IMO).
(11-07-2016, 04:44 AM)BRX Wrote: Well, i didn't vote. I assume no means for most “I don't need it“ which is true for me, too. On the other hand I don't have anything against features that don't affect me otherwise.

But I have to say there are a dozen or more features I really want to see tackled before Mike uses his programming time on such a niche feature (IMO).

Good points.

I don't really dig into the app as much to really know what I'm missing. 

This is my first venture into Android as I'm an iOS user. All in all, REALLY pleased with the MSP app.

QUESTION:
When importing duplicate songs, I get the option window that pops up....
what the different between "Overwrite" and "Update Existing Song With New File"?
(11-07-2016, 02:32 AM)dallaskruse Wrote: ......  all the tablets running Mobile Sheets bring up their version of "Stand By Me", no matter which part they're reading.

I don't think there is a problem with calling up a specific chart.  It's more a case of how different players 'read ahead' andhow they want theiir page turns to work.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
(11-07-2016, 12:12 PM)GraemeJ Wrote:
(11-07-2016, 02:32 AM)dallaskruse Wrote: ......  all the tablets running Mobile Sheets bring up their version of "Stand By Me", no matter which part they're reading.

I don't think there is a problem with calling up a specific chart.  It's more a case of how different players 'read ahead' andhow they want theiir page turns to work.

Good point.

What would be RAD is if somehow i could notify the players of whats next Smile

Like a notification on top saying "Next Song: Superstition"

Wishful thinking....
Settings - Display Settings - Show Next Song Indicator
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

(11-22-2016, 04:18 PM)itsme Wrote: Settings - Display Settings - Show Next Song Indicator

as per my other posts ... i should explain more.

We pull songs from requests and random ... so the set list is really moot.

I need to be able to tell my guys where we're going next and its all just by reading the vibe of the room and feeling where we should go.
So you are really free enough during an ongoing song to tap around in MSP to select a next song?
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Hm, looks to me like that's only a step away from actual group chat over msp and I don't think something like that should belong into a sheet music reader.
(11-22-2016, 06:39 PM)itsme Wrote: So you are really free enough during an ongoing song to tap around in MSP to select a next song?

Absolutely. I have 2 working hands.
(11-22-2016, 11:00 PM)BRX Wrote: Hm, looks to me like that's only a step away from actual group chat over msp and I don't think something like that should belong into a sheet music reader.

Agreed. Not necessarily needed by everyone.

I'm not saying I WANT that feature ... but in regards to having features in an app that you don't use and don't affect you ... what does it matter that its there or not?
(11-23-2016, 04:49 AM)dallaskruse Wrote: ... but in regards to having features in an app that you don't use and don't affect you ... what does it matter that its there or not?

Only inasmuch as it's additional coding baggage that could get in the way of features that really are necessary.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
(11-23-2016, 09:29 PM)GraemeJ Wrote: Only inasmuch as it's additional coding baggage that could get in the way of features that really are necessary.

You nailed it again.

Why the sheet music app needs metronome, audio player, midi support or PDF to JPG converter?

This app is: Mobile Sheets Music Reader. Not metronome, audio player, midi controller, word/audio/photo editor or file converter.

All the important iOS apps have the support for the control of multiple devices.
There is NONE on Android. That is why the professionals use iPads.
One day somebody will enable it on Android.
I just updated my original post to reflect that this feature could also be used for 2 page mode.
2 screens/tablets side by side like a real binder: https://youtu.be/c-I_jBbzLWA

[Image: 8fff9ad0b921181f7cb72011ae286f15.jpg]

Compared to

[Image: 32c7035a08c63f89d52a9e59bdd53242.jpg]
Now that the Windows 10 version is completed, synchronization between tablets is one of the next big features on my TODO list.