• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transfer Files With Annotations
I'm about to put my Acer Iconia out to pasture and replace it with a Galaxy Note. A lot of my choral music has annotations that I'll need to preserve. Is there any way to do that or will I have to go through and manually re-write my marks?
Were you using MobileSheets on your Iconia? If so, you should be able to make a backup of your entire song collection from that tablet, and then do a restore on the Note. In fact, if you register the Note with the same Google login as you used for the Iconia, all of your apps should transfer automatically (I did this when I migrated from a Toshiba Thrive to a Nexus 10)
Yep, I switch between tablets all the time (keeping my annotations). And I switched to a new tablet recently.

So just back up your latest MS file into the Companion.

Install the MS program from google into the new tablet (no additional cost).

And "restore" from the back up (on the Companion) into the new tablet.

Should work like a charm.

Jeff

(11-14-2014, 10:32 AM)Snard Wrote: Were you using MobileSheets on your Iconia? If so, you should be able to make a backup of your entire song collection from that tablet, and then do a restore on the Note. In fact, if you register the Note with the same Google login as you used for the Iconia, all of your apps should transfer automatically (I did this when I migrated from a Toshiba Thrive to a Nexus 10)
If I save all files to the MicroSD card can I restore from there on the new tablet?
I am sort of guessing here, but I think how it works is there is a single (large) MS file that has all the songs and the additional programming for annotations, etc.

But, i don't know how it would work with the SD Card. I originally was going to work with SD Cards. But I switched to using the COmpanion and I have not looked back.

If you have a computer and wifi capability, I would urge you to try it. (Sorry can't help more)

(11-15-2014, 03:05 AM)don9992 Wrote: If I save all files to the MicroSD card can I restore from there on the new tablet?
I wasn't even aware of the Companion but I just downloaded it and, man, that's easy! Thanks!
Smile

(11-18-2014, 10:31 AM)don9992 Wrote: I wasn't even aware of the Companion but I just downloaded it and, man, that's easy! Thanks!