• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
able to open two - three windows with songs
Wil it be possible in the future - to open two song i.e each containing 20 pages so you are able to switch between them - without closing and open?
gunnar
I think that setlists do something like this. You must think that memory to render PDF in a tablet is limited, so it's impossible to have 20+20 pages rendered at the same time. MS render the actual page and some pages near that.

A tablet isn't a PC.
(12-01-2014, 06:32 PM)popoff Wrote: I think that setlists do something like this. You must think that memory to render PDF in a tablet is limited, so it's impossible to have 20+20 pages rendered at the same time. MS render the actual page and some pages near that.

A tablet isn't a PC.

?? I have a "song" with 741 pages in one file - no problem in Mobilesheet to handle that ! ??
MobileSheets never loads more than 7 pages forward, and 4 pages backward into memory. For some tablets, even that is too much, so I have to reduce the number of pages that are buffered after an out of memory error occurs. You can load a 741 page PDF, but I certainly don't put all 741 pages into memory, as that would certainly drain all the available memory and cause out of memory errors.

Mike
(12-02-2014, 02:53 AM)Zuberman Wrote: MobileSheets never loads more than 7 pages forward, and 4 pages backward into memory. For some tablets, even that is too much, so I have to reduce the number of pages that are buffered after an out of memory error occurs. You can load a 741 page PDF, but I certainly don't put all 741 pages into memory, as that would certainly drain all the available memory and cause out of memory errors.

Mike

ok - thanks fore the answer - but why not only load half number - 3 pages forward og two backward - and then be able to have two files "open"?
regards
I guess I need more information on why you need two songs open at once, and you don't want to use a setlist. As a side note, you can load one song, then through the setlist window, add a second song to the current temporary setlist, essentially allowing you to flip between both songs.

If you use optimized PDFs, you should be able to switch between songs and have them load very, very quickly, so buffering the pages isn't as critical.

Mike
(12-02-2014, 07:56 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I guess I need more information on why you need two songs open at once, and you don't want to use a setlist. As a side note, you can load one song, then through the setlist window, add a second song to the current temporary setlist, essentially allowing you to flip between both songs.

If you use optimized PDFs, you should be able to switch between songs and have them load very, very quickly, so buffering the pages isn't as critical.

Mike

thanks again - now I understand your point and I havent realised, that a setlist also can contain two "songs" both having 25 pages - now it is just a "bigger book" and thats is ok.

mange tak Wink
gunnar