• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
annotations get lost
(03-01-2013, 06:18 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Sorry I haven't been able to fix this problem. I'm still scratching my head and trying to figure out some way to recreate it.

I understand. I do enough programming myself to know what it's like to track down an problem as intermittent as this one.

Anyway, to answer your questions:

a) PDF files, mostly one or two pages though some are a bit longer

b) mostly portrait, but I do sometimes use landscape as well

c) 22 points, usually blue text but sometimes black or red, in whatever the default font face is (I can look it up exactly tonight, but I don't have my tablet with me right now)

d) I'd be happy to give you a copy, but I'm not sure how best to do that. Even without the mp3 files, the library backup file is 696 Mb in size. Perhaps the best way would be to put on a web site; is there a way I could send you a URL privately?

(03-01-2013, 06:18 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Very interesting request. The easiest way for me to implement this would be to have a press and hold option where, after you press and hold on an album in your library, there would be an option to "Load Album". This would create a temporary setlist from every song in the album. I could do a similar thing for Artists, Genres, etc. How does this sound?

That would work. Smile It would be slightly less easy to use than what I was hoping for, but it would still be a big help.

The way playlists already work is perfect, and in fact I'm happy to say that I just did my first public performance with just the tablet and MobileSheets -- I had a binder with printed sheets in a bag, but I never needed to take it out of the bag. :-)

...but for situations where I don't already have a playlist set up (mostly when practising at home), it would be nice to be able to play through an album without having to exit from each song to select the next one.

Thank you!

...and I'm serious about giving you a copy of my library, I just need your help to figure out how.
Other people have shared their library with me by uploading it to Google Drive and just emailing me a link to the file. It worked extremely well.
(03-01-2013, 07:50 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Other people have shared their library with me by uploading it to Google Drive and just emailing me a link to the file. It worked extremely well.

Thanks! I'll send you an email message (to support@zubersoft.com) right after posting this.
(03-01-2013, 06:18 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Very interesting request. The easiest way for me to implement this would be to have a press and hold option where, after you press and hold on an album in your library, there would be an option to "Load Album". This would create a temporary setlist from every song in the album. I could do a similar thing for Artists, Genres, etc. How does this sound?

...and I see this has just been added to version 4.0.6, which I installed late last night. Big Grin

Thank you!

- Steven
Steven,

Using your backup, I was finally able to track down the issue with the textboxes resizing oddly. To sum it up, textboxes autosize by default (unless you change this in the annotation editor), so if you draw a box that is too tall, it will shrink the height to only fit the text. This autosizing is always applied in the editor, but when you go back to just viewing the score normally, it was *not* autosizing the textboxes, meaning it would display them as tall as you originally drew the textbox. I have fixed this now so that it will calculate the dimensions of the textbox during initialization taking into account the autosize setting. Thanks again for all your help and patience.

Mike
(03-11-2013, 05:20 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Using your backup, I was finally able to track down the issue with the textboxes resizing oddly.

That's great! Smile

(03-11-2013, 05:20 AM)Zuberman Wrote: This autosizing is always applied in the editor, but when you go back to just viewing the score normally, it was *not* autosizing the textboxes, meaning it would display them as tall as you originally drew the textbox.

That must have been rough to track down. Thank you!

- Steven
I'm having a similar problem to the one from the beginning of this thread -- I make annotations, save them, but they don't show up when I load the song later on, unless I go to the song editor. Obviously, I need these to show up on the music when in my setlist. Am I doing something wrong?
What version of MobileSheets are you running?
4.0.10 and 1.4.5
It seems that a re-boot of the tablet will sometimes fix it, but not always.
That's definitely odd... Does this occur regardless of whether you load the song individually or part of a setlist? Did you zoom in on the song at all? Does it happen for all of your songs or only certain ones. Do your songs use PDFs or image files. The more information you can provide, the better.