• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving sheets from internal to external SD
How do I move song sheets from my default internal sd to my external sd without losing the meta data like song collections, keys, etc.

I purchased an android after seeing this application. I got really excited and load 4000 songs plus songbooks before realizing that I had saved it to my 8 gb internal storage instead of my 32 gb external sd card.

I can move my files to the sd card. But then my Mobile Sheets application does not "Know" the file path.

Can you offer advice on the easiest way to change the music sheet file location without having to input the Metadata again?

Thank you!
Hello,

The only way to do this currently, so that you don't lose your metadata, is to edit the song, and in the copy options, check Copy, delete original, and then select SD Card as the destination. Then, just click OK at the top right to save your changes. This will make a copy of the song files, remove them from internal storage, and place them on the SD card. I know it's an inconvenience to do this for every song. When I add options for batch editing, I will make sure that there is a way to change the storage location in the future.
(12-11-2012, 03:07 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Hello,

The only way to do this currently, so that you don't lose your metadata, is to edit the song, and in the copy options, check Copy, delete original, and then select SD Card as the destination. Then, just click OK at the top right to save your changes. This will make a copy of the song files, remove them from internal storage, and place them on the SD card. I know it's an inconvenience to do this for every song. When I add options for batch editing, I will make sure that there is a way to change the storage location in the future.
Thanks for your speedy response. It is a nice piece of software and i look forward to the improvements. It will be great to have the ability to change storage locations without losing the metadata. Unfortunately, individual editing of each song is too time consuming for my data base. It will be easier to upload songs from scratch.

It was my fault for not setting up the storage location from the start. I got so excited by using your product , I just jumped in and started uploading.

Thank you for your work.
Is there an easier way to move sheets from internal to the SD Card?

This is a great app! But I didn't realized that how much I would start chewing into my available internal memory when I started using it. I have almost 2000 songs now, using almost 3G of my internal memory. I realize now that it really should be on an SD Card, but converting that many songs using the procedure described in this post seems like a HUGE task.

By any chance, did I miss an update? Or at the very least, is there a way to move the sheets using the Companion app? (It would probably be easier to do on a PC than a tablet.)

I would really appreciate any hints.

Pat
I would've thought that backing up the library to your PC, clearing the library from MS, then changing the library default location to the external SD card and finally restoring the library via the Companion app, would accomplish this, but I'd advise you to wait for more replies before trying it in case there is now a simpler method.
I was thinking along the same lines as Marshland.

Alternatively, you could set up a USB link between tablet and PC, copy the whole directory across and then copy it back again to the ext card (remembering to point to the new location from within MS).
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
Thanks to both Marshland and GraemeJ. Both ideas sound like reasonable approaches. That is, if the metadata stays intact and works correctly. I'm a bit nervous about trying something that nobody has done before.
Maybe when version 5 is released, there maybe an easier solution