• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Page Turning not quite as reliable under 3.8?
Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that page turns (by touching the RHS side of the screen, sometimes are missed. During our last gig, and the practice before that, I found I had to make a very definite touch, not just the quick stab I usually manage while trying to play at the same time Smile.
I think you are correct that something has been affected. I have found that if you move your finger even slightly while tapping, it treats the action as a scroll instead of a tap, and it causes my code not to trigger correctly. I added a dead zone on the edges, so that if you scroll a little while tapping, it still triggers the page turn. This seems to really help the responsiveness. I'll try to get this released soon.
(12-31-2012, 05:43 PM)Zuberman Wrote: I think you are correct that something has been affected. I have found that if you move your finger even slightly while tapping, it treats the action as a scroll instead of a tap, and it causes my code not to trigger correctly. I added a dead zone on the edges, so that if you scroll a little while tapping, it still triggers the page turn. This seems to really help the responsiveness. I'll try to get this released soon.

Makes sense. More likely to move your finger a bit when in a hurry, like changing pages in the middle of a song. Look forward to the fix - thanks.
Just got around to updating (to 4.0) and page turning is fixed I think. Maybe even better then ever Smile.

Thanks heaps.