• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
keeping track of many songs
I plan to drop all my song books (pop, jazz standards, ballads, latin, and most have 2 sheets per song) onto MS to save lugging them around and space when travelling. I currently own 25+ song books many contain 90+ songs each, so I'm expecting to have as many as 3000 songs (possibly 4500 sheets). 
How do I keep track of where they are? I'm using a 16 gig external micro SD card and have set it as the default location . From what other users have said, it could contain perhaps twice that number of songs.
I'm intending to use the Collections method to group types and/or styles, however does this becomes a challenge when linking  a keyboard like the Korg PA600 which I'm hoping will activate song sheet display when the songbook entry is called up. 
Has anyone already done this and how easy is it to set up?

Thanks
I have over 8 shelf-feet of piano music and songbooks. I cannot afford the time to scan it all, but I have found much of the classical music on the internet, and have scanned >700 songs.

I use three genres to organize the music:
   classical: solo piano music
   instrumental: piano music for groups (chorus, singers, orchestra, etc.)
   showtunes&pop: songs, either original (vocal+piano) or arranged for piano solo

For showtunes&pop I just use the song title. For classical I prepend the composer's last name to the title. For instrumental I prepend the group name to the title. So I can tell the genre from the title alone.

I do not use MIDI or any electronic accompaniment. But I conjecture it might be easier to select songs on the tablet and have it issue the MIDI command to select the song on the synth. I suspect the new version of MobileSheets will support this (if you have a MIDI interface for your tablet).