• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soon to be new user
Music 
I am in the process of getting a Nexus 10 soon. Once I do, I will download the app to it. I was going to try to be pro-active in getting everything set up in the companion app for PC, which I have already downloaded onto my laptop. I am pretty tech savvy, but some of this seems to be going over my head so I do have a couple of questions:

1. I was looking at the manual and noticed it was dated 2011. With the update that even went in today (1/7/13), is there an updated manual?
2. I'm either not doing it right or just not able to get my music set up in the companion app for PC. Is this because it MUST be linked with a tablet in order to use it?
3. I have been reading that the music needs to be in something other than PDF? Am I reading it correctly? Everything I have is in PDF Huh

OK that was a few instead of a couple but I guess I need to actually sit down and read the manual it just didn't flow with what the forum had and what was showing on my screen.

Thanks for all the help!
Hi,

here are the answers to your questions:
1. The manual has been updated last month. You can find it here: http://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/manual.html
2. To use the companion app, it has to be connected to the tablet. There is no way to use it to prepare your sheets.
3. MS will read PDF-files just fine. It's also capable of reading picture-files, but you don't have to convert all your music that you have now.
Music 
BastienVH,

Thanks so much for the answers. I had already downloaded the manual it was just showing 2011 on it so I was sure. Sad that I can't update the companion app but oh well! Glad that I don't need to convert anything, that was going to be a lot of work!

Thanks again! Cool

(01-08-2013, 05:59 PM)BastienVH Wrote: Hi,

here are the answers to your questions:
1. The manual has been updated last month. You can find it here: http://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/manual.html
2. To use the companion app, it has to be connected to the tablet. There is no way to use it to prepare your sheets.
3. MS will read PDF-files just fine. It's also capable of reading picture-files, but you don't have to convert all your music that you have now.
I just got my Nexus 10 today for the sole reason of scanning my music into it so I don't have to ship ~70lbs overseas. This program caught my attention so I'm right there with you. So far the program works well (although I'm not 100% with the database part of it since I'm a classical musician but I'll find a workaround!) and music looks great on the Nexus 10 screen.

Cheers!
I am soooo glad to hear that someone is using the Nexus 10! I'm glad you like it and it will be easy to read the music (hence the 10in screen!! Big Grin ) Please let me know what you think as you get it loaded and use it. I'm interested to know. I won't get mine for a few more weeks (birthday present) so I'm all for input!

Have fun with it and good luck overseas!!!
I've been using Mobile Sheets with a Nexus 10 for about 3 weeks. There have been no problems whatsoever with the setup. Lead sheets are easy to read, some I zoom a bit for easier reading, and having the thousands of tunes organized is so great. The tablet (32 gb) has literally thousands of tunes, a dozen fake books, and a bunch of etude books I use. It's truly a pleasure having all this stuff on the tablet.