• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connection Lost - NullPointerException
Whenever I update any song in the companion the connection with the tablet is lost with: -

"Error encountered transferring images: java.lang.NullPointerException."

Has anyone else had this? Any ideas on how to sort it?

MobileSheets 3.9
MobileSheets Companion 1.3.5
Android 4.1.1
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Yes I have the same problem (although mine was when adding a new song, I didn't try updating).

Hopefully Mike is dealing with this in his latest companion update.

I also have been unable to backup my library on the tablet because whichever directory I choose it gives me an error message about not being able to create the database or something. (Sorry I don't have the tablet on me, I'll confirm the error message when I get home!)
I have exactly the same problem the song goes onto the companion then once I click OK, it tells me the same problem as you have, I have a
Samsung Galaxy tab 2 10.1, it was working fine before I got the update. I have twice uninstalled both the mobile sheets comanion from the laptop and mobile sheets from the tablet but it still does it.

Can someone from the company advise please or is there a phone number I can call to talk through what to do?

Thanks

Paula
I have an update just about ready. I'll go ahead and push it out tonight to fix this problem.

Mike
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the update.

Have downloaded and installed the latested update and now whenever a song in the companion I get on the tablet: -

"Connection Lost: Unable to connect to host pc. Do you want to try to reconnect?"

And on the companion: -

"Error encountered while sending data to tablet:

System.Net.SocketsException (0x80004005): An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Send(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
at MobileSheetsCompanion.SocketConnector.CancelRequest().

Reconnect the tablet and try again."

Reconnecting produces the same result.

MobileSheets 4.0
MobileSheets Companion 1.3.5
Android 4.1.1
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Is there any more information needed?

Cheers,
Jodge
Jodge,

On the tablet, the status log should have a bunch of information about what's happening on the tablet side. When this error occurs, what does the tablet show? Does it display an error?

One user has reported that using internal storage causes this error. Did you specify internal storage as the destination?

Thanks,
Mike
Hi

Just thought I'd chime in - I'm having the same issue as above (Version 4.0 of Mobilesheets, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Android 4.1.1, Version 1.3.5 of the companion running on Windows 7 x64), and it only happens when trying to use the internal storage; when I select Tablet SD card in the "add song" dialogue in the companion, it works fine.

Is there any way to set Tablet SD card as the default in the companion?
Yes there is, just go into Settings->Change Metadata Defaults. From there you can select the default storage location. I'm working on an update that is going to completely remove the internal storage option. This should be released today.