• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
meta-data lost when replacing pdf file
Mike,
[Re: MSbeta v1.2.3; MS Companion 1.6.3; samsung 12.2 tab proseveral
Over the weekend, I imported a 100 song library (separate pdf's for each song) using companion and I was amazed on how smooth the process was.  Did notice a couple of issues during this import process as follows:
1)  after importing all songs & then manually entering meta-data using companion, I tried to replace several pdf files only to find that a separate song was generated (same filename) with no meta data. Would have expected  the old pdf file be replaced with the newest one and thus retaining any original metadata.  Re-entering several song's metadata was a frustrating experience  Is replacing a pdf file while retaining metadata possible? 

2)  while entering metadata, noticed that when I was searching for a selection using the "select item screen", the 1st entry appears at the bottom of the list vs the top (i.e., when selecting an artist beginning with G, the 1st G  artist appears at bottom of the pg & I found myself having to click on the bottom entry in order  to see the full list of G  artists)

3) noticed there is no scroll bar on the select item screen for alphabetical searches. 

That does it Mike - Paul H
Paul,

1) There is no "Swap file" implemented in the companion yet, so no, you can't really replace files like you can on the tablet. I will have to add this functionality soon.
2) Fixed for v2.0.1 - thanks
3) I purposely avoided a scroll bar for the letters on the side because it caused issues with the layout. If you use the mouse wheel or click and hold and scroll, you can access any letter.

Thanks,
Mike