• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
remove white spaces around music sheets
I realize that the current zoom function is changing once crop is added, but I have a question about how it works now in the song editor, because it seems odd to me now, and it would be great if this "oddness" can go away when the code is changed Smile Basically, when I bump the zoom amount for a particular page of a song, it displays a preview box on my page to attempt to show me how the song will be zoomed when I view it. Unfortunately, that preview is almost always wrong, so I end up having to pick a zoom value, then view the song, then go back and tweak the zoom amount until it displays the way I want (and this usually takes several tries). I think this is happening because the preview window doesn't take into account my tablet's aspect ratio. When I view a song, MobileSheets will do a "best fit" of the song on the tablet so that all of the page is visible. I.e. if the aspect ratio of the song is different than my tablet screen, then white space is added on the left/right or top/bottom as appropriate.

What would be nice to see in the song editor is a preview window that matches my screen's aspect ratio, and that shows how the song page will actually look when I view it (with a box outline that shows the actual song page size). Then when you set crop/zoom for a song, the preview could show the page zoomed in on this screen-shaped box. When you want to set the crop/zoom size, the song could be displayed full screen with a sizing box that you could drag or resize to set the desired amount of crop/zoom. Is this how your were planning to do it? Does this make sense?

Messages In This Thread
RE: remove white spaces around music sheets - by Snard - 01-15-2013, 11:03 PM