• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the ideal tablet for MobileSheetsPro
(12-04-2015, 01:14 AM)maintech Wrote:
(12-02-2015, 11:07 AM)alex_hk90 Wrote: To bring this back on topic, I decided to buy a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (9.7") for MobileSheets during the Black Friday sales - haven't had a chance to actually use it yet but it's 4:3, has a high-res screen, is relatively large and yet still light so I have high hopes for it. Smile

Hi Alex,

Be cautious with the OS for Galaxy tabs, the USB link is a problem. Stick with Kitkat 4.****. The Lollipop 5.***** update crashed the USB midi interface with my Korg PA600 and I cannot connect with the keyboard songbook as I could with Kitkat OS before. Mike has no fix because the issue is with Samsung, not Mobilesheets.  I should have switched off the update permission, or turn off the Wifi, because Samsung creates an issue with your apps being updated to require Lollipop OS. I had not installed the OS update for about 2 months after it was downloaded, because I'd heard of compatability issues. Some apps were acting weird and so like an idiot I installed Lollipop. Immediately Mobilesheets crashed when the USB/keyboard link was initiated, and although Mike prevents crashing with an update, I still do not have one of the features I originally bought the tablet for. (FYI.  Korg and Mobilesheets organized a nifty arrangement to link via Midi, the database of music scores on the tablet, and the musical settings of the songs in the keyboard Songbook database. When a song was selected by either the tablet or the keyboard, all the pre-sets such as music style, rhythm, tempo, instruments, introduction, keyboard split characteristics  together with the Midi song, or MP3 and the music score displayed on the tablet were linked. One stop, one button shopping for the busy musician. For a Gig player, this is a game changer! - Sorry, was a game changer!! Angry

Mine already came with Lollipop but I don't use a USB MIDI device with MobileSheets yet so it shouldn't be an issue - thanks for the warning though!

Messages In This Thread
the ideal tablet for MobileSheetsPro - by aspiers - 04-18-2015, 07:51 AM
the ideal tablet for MobileSheetsPro - by Kyle - 04-21-2015, 11:31 AM
RE: the ideal tablet for MobileSheetsPro - by alex_hk90 - 12-06-2015, 02:50 PM
RE: the ideal tablet for MobileSheetsPro - by BRX - 02-14-2018, 04:18 AM
RE: the ideal tablet for MobileSheetsPro - by BRX - 10-09-2018, 01:12 AM
RE: the ideal tablet for MobileSheetsPro - by BRX - 11-26-2020, 06:01 AM
RE: the ideal tablet for MobileSheetsPro - by BRX - 12-10-2023, 10:10 PM
RE: the ideal tablet for MobileSheetsPro - by BRX - 12-11-2023, 09:27 AM