• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the ideal tablet for MobileSheetsPro
(06-16-2020, 09:27 PM)jeffn1 Wrote:
(06-13-2020, 02:55 PM)loonsailor Wrote: I received a new Airturn BT200-S2 today, and I can't get it to work with this tablet. It connects, sort of, but nothing happens when I press the pedals. It seems that the pedal is connected - it shows up in the bluetooth pairings list - but the tablet doesn't accept its input. Same result in the browser and other apps. They just don't see any input from the pedal. I'll investigate further, and post here if I figure anything out.

Hello, loonsailor,

Any luck in getting the Airturn working on the Evoo 13.3 Android Tablet?

Jeff

So, here's where I'm at. The device (AirTurn bt-200s) pairs, but doesn't provide any input. The Airturn utility app shows buttons being pressed when I press them, but that's the only place I see any evidence of a button press. The pedal won't turn pages in MSPro, won't scroll the browser, won't enter characters in the URL line for the browser, etc. I've tried in all the pedal modes, with no difference between them. I did try the pedal on my iPhone, and it worked fine.

When I click on settings for the pedal device (in the bluetooth list), there is a switch labeled "input device", which is switched off and I can't switch it on. Maybe that's the problem, but I don't know how to turn it on. Looking at "settings->system->languages & input, there's a section labeled Physical keyboard which indicates "none connected", and a section for Virtual keyboard. Neither of those has any useful options. I also tried turning wifi off, and doing a network reset (resets bluetooth & wifi), neither of which changed the behavior.

I'm at / beyond the limit of my android knowledge (MS in computer science - if this was linux or macOS or iOS, I'd know how to dig deeper). I checked the web site for the device - http://evooproducts.com/ev-a-133-1.html - but there's no way there to contact tech support. The support tab just offers some downloads, but none for this device, and there's no contact available, neither email nor phone nor chat. So, I called Walmart, from whom I bought it, and they promised to set up a 3-way call with the vendor, but they haven't called back yet to do that. I did spend some time on the phone with AirTurn. They were great, but the problem is not in their pedal, so no real progress other than to localize the issue to the tablet.

Honestly, this is not a big deal for me. I've been using a usb pedal, and I'm fine continuing to do that, but I know this is a deal killer for some other MSPro users, so I'll continue to try to make it work if anybody has a suggestion to try, or if I get a call from tech support. I'll also look around to see if I can find a bluetooth keyboard to try.

I will say that this is still a great tablet for $150 - fast, very good display, good battery life, built-in microSD for MSPro backup, etc.

Any ideas I can try?

Messages In This Thread
the ideal tablet for MobileSheetsPro - by aspiers - 04-18-2015, 07:51 AM
the ideal tablet for MobileSheetsPro - by Kyle - 04-21-2015, 11:31 AM
RE: the ideal tablet for MobileSheetsPro - by BRX - 02-14-2018, 04:18 AM
RE: the ideal tablet for MobileSheetsPro - by BRX - 10-09-2018, 01:12 AM
RE: the ideal tablet for MobileSheetsPro - by loonsailor - 06-21-2020, 07:32 AM
RE: the ideal tablet for MobileSheetsPro - by BRX - 11-26-2020, 06:01 AM
RE: the ideal tablet for MobileSheetsPro - by BRX - 12-10-2023, 10:10 PM
RE: the ideal tablet for MobileSheetsPro - by BRX - 12-11-2023, 09:27 AM