• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Half page display mode for small pages
(04-19-2015, 02:49 PM)Zuberman Wrote: I understand the problem you are describing, and I think I understand what you are suggesting, but I think you will still end up with a lot of situations where there are problems, and it would definitely cause issues with determining what page is active (if pages 2 and 3 are combined into one, what does it mean to activate a bookmark or link point that goes to page 3). In order for the page positions to be "stable" you still need content that is nearly half a page. So, in my testing, I chopped up many pages into sizes around a third of a page. Even if I implemented your suggestion, when two pages are combined, they would only take up about 2/3 of a page. If you then turn to the next page, I would only be able to show the top section of that page, which could only be as large as 1/3 of a page in order to still show enough of the current page to be played.  I've been trying to think of any solution that solves this issue while keeping the page positions fixed, but every solution I come up with has drawbacks to it.   I'm open to ideas if someone can come up with some sort of "algorithm" for positioning pages that can handle all of the different possible scenarios.

In the meantime, would you prefer I add an option to disable joining pages in half-page mode? I still think there are going to be issues even with this. For example, if pages 1 and 2 are full size, but pages 3 and 4 are only 1/4 of a page, the sequence would look like this:

(F = Full, H = Half)
1F
2H,1H
2F
3H,2H
3F (but only 1/4 of the page is used, which was already visible in the last step)
4F, 3H?

By the time you get to page 4, page 3 takes up the same amount of space as page 4, so should I shift it down or not? Should I just place page 4 on top of it, meaning there is a full page turn, so it looks more like:

3F
4F

I would think this kind of eliminates the point of the half page turns though, as it gives you no way to view 3 and 4 at the same time. I don't think there are any easy answers here...

Thanks,
Mike

It may be a bit overkill but if there was a way of combining multiple pages (from the source file) to a single page in MobileSheets then that could help with this problem (and also be useful for stitching together sections where there are small parts that are actually relevant from a particular page, for repeats and the like). So if pages 3 and 4 are only a quarter of a page, you would (manually, with a similar interface as the cropping/annotations screen) combine them into a new page, and perhaps have some of page 2 at the start or page 5 at the end to make it a sensible amount to show on the screen at once.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Half page display mode for small pages - by alex_hk90 - 07-12-2015, 09:13 AM