• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Song selection
When I inadvertently select a song that is not in the "recent" tab whilst the "recent" tab is selected, I lose all my database.  Selecting a song that is in the "recent" tab is OK.  Exiting and reloading the program brings the database back.  Is this meant to happen?

John
Hannspree 13.3"
Android 4.2.2
John,

That is definitely not meant to happen. How was there a song in the recent tab that shouldn't have been there? Was it deleted? Hopefully I can get this fixed ASAP.

Thanks,
Mike
(04-20-2015, 11:36 AM)Zuberman Wrote: John,

That is definitely not meant to happen. How was there a song in the recent tab that shouldn't have been there? Was it deleted? Hopefully I can get this fixed ASAP.

Thanks,
Mike

Maybe I didn't describe my situation fully.

If I select a song title in the main library screen whilst the recent tab is open and that song is in my song list but hasn't appeared in my recent tab(i.e. because I haven't previously selected it) then I lose all my database and have to exit the program and reload it.  I wouldn't normally do this but if I have been viewing what songs I have recently rehearsed and then chose another one in the library screen, I sometimes forget to go back to a different tab where the song is listed - songs/setlist/albums.
Hannspree 13.3"
Android 4.2.2
(04-20-2015, 07:01 PM)namder Wrote:
(04-20-2015, 11:36 AM)Zuberman Wrote: John,

Thanks,
Mike

Maybe I didn't describe my situation fully.

If I select a song title in the main library screen whilst the recent tab is open and that song is in my song list but hasn't appeared in my recent tab(i.e. because I haven't previously selected it) then I lose all my database and have to exit the program and reload it.  I wouldn't normally do this but if I have been viewing what songs I have recently rehearsed and then chose another one in the library screen, I sometimes forget to go back to a different tab where the song is listed - songs/setlist/albums.

Again I have posted in the wrong section - should be in MS Pro.
Hannspree 13.3"
Android 4.2.2
I'm really sorry John, I still don't think I understand the problem. If you are viewing the recent tab, there should only be songs listed that have been loaded (or setlists). You said you selected a song title that is on the recent tab, that song isn't on the recent tab. How is that possible? I guess I don't understand what that means. When you said you lost your database, do you mean the entire library screen went blank or something else occurred? You aren't applying any filters at the top of the screen, right? Hopefully if you can provide some steps on how to reproduce this, I can get it fixed.

Thanks,
Mike
(04-22-2015, 05:36 PM)Zuberman Wrote: I'm really sorry John, I still don't think I understand the problem. If you are viewing the recent tab, there should only be songs listed that have been loaded (or setlists). You said you selected a song title that is on the recent tab, that song isn't on the recent tab. How is that possible?  I guess I don't understand what that means.  When you said you lost your database, do you mean the entire library screen went blank or something else occurred? You aren't applying any filters at the top of the screen, right?  Hopefully if you can provide some steps on how to reproduce this, I can get it fixed.

Thanks,
Mike

It reproduces every time so I will run through the steps I have just taken.

I have hundreds of songs in my songlist.
There is 84 songs listed under the recent tab.
With the "recent" tab open, viewing the the songs I have recently rehearsed I attempt to load another song in the library screen, there are no filters selected and I still have the recent tab open.
In the "search: All fields" box, I type in a title that has not been selected before and therefore doesn't appear in the "recent" tab.
Nothing appears in the main window.
The rent tab shows zero songs.
The songs tab shows only 9 random songs where previously would show hundreds.  Strangely enough the numbers of these songs are related to the song selection I made.  The song I selected was "68", the songs showing are from one album:68,168,268,368.  From another album:168,68.  From a third album:168,268,68.  How weird is that! 
The setlist tab shows zero songs, I have two setlists.
The collections & albums tabs shows no songs which is normal.
The albums tab shows no albums where should show a dozen.
The Genres tab shows nothing which is normal.

Exiting the App and reloading brings everything back to normal.

Just trying it one more time before I post this I noticed that if I then select No 68 from the 9 listed in the song tab, everything returns to normal and the selected song is loaded.  This then looks like I am being offered all the titles that contain a 6 and an 8, and not No 68 alone.  This would only be noticeable then for the minority only using numbers to title their songs.

Hope all this makes sense

John

Hannspree 13.3"
Android 4.2.2
John, could it be that after typing something in the 'search all fields' box, you are closing the filter window without clearing it? Because if you do that, the filter will remain active even though it's no longer visible.
If you no longer want the filter active, you need to press the circled x at the right of the filter window before closing it.
(04-22-2015, 09:03 PM)Rey_a Wrote: John, could it be that after typing something in the 'search all fields' box, you are closing the filter window without clearing it? Because if you do that, the filter will remain active even though it's no longer visible.
If you no longer want the filter active, you need to press the circled x at the right of the filter window before closing it.

Thanks for the suggestion but that makes no difference to the problem I am experiencing.

John
Hannspree 13.3"
Android 4.2.2
Mike, maybe it would not be a bad idea to have a visual indication of an active filter ?
Currently the funnel icon turns orange to indicate the filter window is displayed. Maybe that colour could be used to indicate active filtering in stead. This would then be in line with colouring of the performance icon currently. Grey = not active, orange = active.
If a visual indication on the icon is needed for the fact that the filter window is displayed, it could be a rectangle around the funnel icon or such
(04-22-2015, 10:16 PM)namder Wrote:
(04-22-2015, 09:03 PM)Rey_a Wrote: John, could it be that after typing something in the 'search all fields' box, you are closing the filter window without clearing it? Because if you do that, the filter will remain active even though it's no longer visible.

Thanks for the suggestion but that makes no difference to the problem I am experiencing.

John

John,
 I have copied your scenario below and added some comments, trying to understand exactly what is going wrong.
Also you do indicate where you start a filter, but not where you clear it.

Rudy

With the "recent" tab open, viewing the the songs I have recently rehearsed I attempt to load another song in the library screen, there are no filters selected and I still have the recent tab open.
In the "search: All fields" box, I type in a title that has not been selected before and therefore doesn't appear in the "recent" tab.

So here you start a Filter, ok

Not sure what you mean by the above. You started a filter, so there should be a change in the displayed songs

Is the above ok for you or a problem? I should think ok , as you started a filter.

The songs tab shows only 9 random songs where previously would show hundreds.  Strangely enough the numbers of these songs are related to the song selection I made.  The song I selected was "68", the songs showing are from one album:68,168,268,368.  From another album:168,68.  From a third album:168,268,68.  How weird is that!

You are not expecting the above, but you have not indicated where (if?) you cleared the filter at this point ??
    If you did not clear the filter, the lines below could be as expected

(04-22-2015, 10:38 PM)Rey_a Wrote:
(04-22-2015, 10:16 PM)namder Wrote:

John

John,
 I have copied your scenario below and added some comments, trying to understand exactly what is going wrong.
Also you do indicate where you start a filter, but not where you clear it.

Rudy

So here you start a Filter, ok

Not sure what you mean by the above. You started a filter, so there should be a change in the displayed songs

Is the above ok for you or a problem? I should think ok , as you started a filter.

You are not expecting the above, but you have not indicated where (if?) you cleared the filter at this point ??
    If you did not clear the filter, the lines below could be as expected

Thanks for the analysis of my (perceived) problem.  I studied your comments and came to the conclusion that what I am experiencing is what is supposed to happen.  

Thanks again.

John
Hannspree 13.3"
Android 4.2.2
I definitely need to provide something that shows filters are active. I will change the icon to blue if the filters are hidden but still active. I may also add support for long pressing the filter icon to clear the filters so that you can clear them without having to show them then hit the X.