• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible to use Backup Restore to set up new user?
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here goes...

I use MobileSheets in our church choir, and a fellow choir member got a Samsung 10" tablet (I don't remember the exact model) for Christmas, so I thought I would help her set it up. Since I've already manually imported over 500 songs, I figured the best way to get her set up would be for me to make a backup (including image files), then copy the backup file to an SD card, insert that card in her tablet, and do a restore there. However, when I do the restore on her system, it gives me the "Restore Complete" after approximately 1 millisecond (way too fast), and of course there are no songs present. There isn't an error message to tell me what went wrong, so I'm at a loss of how to proceed. If any of you have already done this & have been successful, please let me know what you did. I noticed that there were several options in the restore menu for the copy location: it defaulted to SD Card, which is the first choice I tried. When it didn't work, I tried each of the other options, but I got the same "instant completion with no error message" result.

I only had a limited amount of time to try restoring last time, but one thing that occurred to me after the fact was that her tablet didn't have the same "removable storage location" path as my tablet. Is that a requirement for a successful restore? If so, I can probably fix that when I try again (i.e. set her removable storage location to be the same as mine).

Thanks in advance,
- Mike

[Edit: just to clarify before anyone asks: she does have the paid version of MobileSheets, but I can't answer for sure if she is using the same version that I have. Also, I made the backup when I was running v3.9; will there be a problem restoring that on a tablet running v4.0? [I hope not! Otherwise, how can I restore if my database gets wiped during an update?] )

Messages In This Thread
Possible to use Backup Restore to set up new user? - by Snard - 01-15-2013, 01:59 AM