• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slow vertical scroll across songs in setlist
I use MobileSheets for both jazz and Irish traditional music sessions.  An idea that'd help in the Irish sessions-
the option to scroll slowly, vertically, from the bottom of one tune, into the top of the next.
- Songs are usually 4, maybe 6 single staffs, so display nicely when cropped to the top 1/2 of an 8.5x11 pdf... samples attached.
- The usual practice is to run right from the end of song 1 into song 2 into song 3.
- Many musicians have memorized 100's of tunes and run smoothly into the next - me, still working on it.
- I suggest 1 mouse/pedal click starts a slow scroll that stops when displaying the bottom 1/2 of the current song and the top 1/2 of the next song in the setlist; 2nd click starts a 2nd slow scroll that displays the 2nd tune with the top of that tune at the top of the screen.
- and a double-click on mouse/pedal simply page-turns to the top of the next song quickly, like a single click does currently.

I realize you're real busy now with the recent release of Pro, which is great.
Thanks for considering, and thanks for a real good product at a REAL good price.
I think that can be done already using the auto scroll start/stop, appropriate scroll and pedal settings.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
(04-22-2015, 03:29 AM)Skip Wrote: I think that can be done already using the auto scroll start/stop, appropriate scroll and pedal settings.

If so that'd be great and I'd appreciate help - I tried + couldn't figure it out.  I reached the conclusion that autoscroll only works WITHIN a single song/PDF, and not across songs linked together in a setlist, which it what I'm currently doing.  Page 74 of the manual, autoscroll section:
"The scrolling will also automatically stop when a new song is reached in a setlist"

I've thought about creating a "song" that uses the several pdf's for the several tunes - kind of using a multi-pdf song as a "hard-linked set" -- but haven't tried that yet.
As a work around would it help if you changed the autoscroll to 0 sec, turn of page animation and just restart at the end of the page? I'm not sure but it seems to me that someone requested it stop during the beta test.

Another thought, have tried 'scroll continuously to end' in scroll settings. You will still need to start/start autoscroll.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
Unfortunately, as Skip mentioned, it was requested that I stop scrolling between songs in a setlist, and I figured that made sense, so I implemented it. If you have different requirements, I can add an additional setting to the scroller to control whether it stops between songs.

Mike
Skip thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a try + let you know -
(04-22-2015, 05:12 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Unfortunately, as Skip mentioned, it was requested that I stop scrolling between songs in a setlist, and I figured that made sense, so I implemented it. If you have different requirements, I can add an additional setting to the scroller to control whether it stops between songs.
Mike

Mike that would certainly do it for these Irish sessions.
There's always different user/use cases - your readiness to pursue the flexibility in the app is great - thx.