• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
MSPro 1.0.5 missing text in PDF
#1
Hiya! Been using MS and now MSPro for a while now. Good stuff! But, with the 1.0.5 update I have encountered an issue. All my docs are PDF. With the 1.0.5 update, I now due the header/title of a tune, the footer/copy right notice but no body text.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy 2 tablet, 10.1 running CyanogenMod 12.1 (Lollipop 5. 1). It's an unofficial build. I did not see this issue in MSPro 1.0.3 and if I restore that from a backup the issue goes away.

Any tips?

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk
Reply
#2
I don't see this - all working as expected on my tablet.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
Reply
#3
I made some updates to the PDF processing, and one of them must have caused an issue with the font/text rendering. I didn't have any files that exhibited the problem, so I didn't realize anything was wrong. I will get this fixed as soon as I can.

Mike
Reply
#4
I'd be happy to send you an example of one showing the issue if you need it. Thanks!

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk
Reply
#5
Another user sent me a file (or was it you?), so I should be able to tell when I've fixed the issue.

Thanks,
Mike
Reply
#6
Dandy! Thanks for the news and all the hard work!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Reply
#7
In my case it's all my SongSelect chord charts. Other pdf's work fine.
Reply
#8
Same in my case, most of mine are SongSelect charts.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk
Reply
#9
Which begs the question - what's different about these charts, compared to a standard PDF?
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
Reply
#10
(04-26-2015, 09:17 AM)GraemeJ Wrote: Which begs the question - what's different about these charts, compared to a standard PDF?

I wish I could tell you
Reply
#11
They are most likely using text in the PDF files, which results in much smaller PDF sizes and you can also search through text. Most PDFs with scores in them are built using a series of images, which means you can't use text-based features like searching for words, and the files are bigger. That would be my assumption based on the nature of the problem.

I spent most of the day frantically moving across town, but we are now settled in the new location (with boxes and stuff everywhere). I really apologize for the delay in me fixing this issue - I appreciate your patience, and will get it fixed as soon as I have my normal development environment set up again.

Mike
Reply
#12
No rush. Get settled in the new place! The previous version works just fine until you get unpacked!

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk
Reply
#13
I'm having the same problem and you guessed it...SongSelect. Funny thing is that it worked fine for a week.
Reply
#14
(04-28-2015, 03:32 AM)KR1963 Wrote: I'm having the same problem and you guessed it...SongSelect. Funny thing is that it worked fine for a week.
Yes, it worked fine until the update. I just got the app early last week, and I'm impressed and looking forward to using it.  I trust that he'll get it fixed.
Reply
#15
It took a bit to fix, but PDFs from SongSelect will display normally again in the next update. I'll try to get it out tonight.

Mike
Reply


Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon  


Users browsing this thread:
2 Guest(s)


  Theme © 2014 iAndrew  
Powered By MyBB, © 2002-2021 MyBB Group.