• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title format dialog box- limited to fields shown?
What are the custom and custom2 fields for?
I have plans to add four new custom groups at once. It will just require a fair amount of redundant code due to the way my current model is implemented. As far as renaming existing fields, I could certainly add support for this, but it requires that in every message I have in the application (and every label) I have to add code to replace the group name. It's do-able, but it will probably take more time to do that than to just add a few more custom groups.

Mike
Fair enough - it was just an idea Smile .
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
@Marlan: Custom and Custom2 are two additional metadata fields to be used for whatever you find helpful. The difference to "Custom Group" is that the fields "Custom" and "Custom2" only can be edited per song whereas every new entry in "Custom Group" is added to its selection list. And a tab for "Custom Group" can be shown on the library screen titled with the name that you have given to "Custom Group".
@Mike: more custom groups are great and being able to give significant names to the fields "Custom" and "Custom2" also would be helpful.
And I would appreciate having %Filename% and %Path% tags for "Title Format" and "Song List Format". I would use them mainly for exporting song lists. Using them in "Caption Format" (the second line of the song lists in the library) could be helpful for mainting chart files.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 1803
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

I'll see about modifying the custom/custom2 labels. This is something I can do, it just takes a little effort to coordinate the change between the tablet and the companion app. As far as displaying file name/path, I currently cannot support this as I don't read out all of the file information from the database at startup. I avoid doing this because I want the application to load faster so I reduce the amount I query from the database to the bare minimum needed and it also uses more memory to store all of the file information from the database (as I read out a lot more than just the file path information). If it's really important for people to have access to the file path information, I could look into changing this in the future.

Mike
IMHO the file path is an important information. If the proposed tag in the title causes problems it is not important there. But in "Song List Format" that should not be an issue, it is used only for "Generate Song List" in the setlist's menu. No problem if this takes a long time.
Another proposal: currently the only possibility that I found to check the file path is on the "Files" tab of the song editor. If I long press a file name there, a pop-up with the file's path is shown. Alas it fades away, even if I keep the filename pressed. It would be much better if that pop-up stayed visible as long as I hold the filename or shows up when a file is tapped and disappears after a second  tap or whatever is easy to implement.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 1803
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Itsme:  It looks like custom and custom2 are comment fields where you can make notes specific to a particular song, like "Learned from Uncle Bo" or "Dedicated to Shelly Halpern."  The inclusion of custom2 means you can make 2 notes per song.  Right?
I use to use both custom 1 and 2 for alternate song names.  But some songs I have include 4 or 5 different names.  So I use to think I needed a separate custom field for each of those and requested those additional fields from Mike ages ago.  But now I just put them all in one custom field and separate them by a ",".  That way I can add them to the Song Title Format and I can also search on them.  And I've saved a custom field2 for something else I might need.  

I think a lot would be remedied if people would consider using the "," and putting more than one related entry in a custom field.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon