• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some feedback after use
I've spent some time now using MobilesheetsPro with PDF music scores and have the following feedback:

A. When adding a song via the Companion (Wi-Fi connection) the default is that the name of the file is used as the title. I am finding however that in some cases the name gets truncated. For example the file "Sonata in A D664.pdf" is given the title "Sonata in A D". If the file is changed to "Sonata in A D664A.pdf" the title is assigned correctly. It appears that if the filename ends in digits these get truncated in the title.

B. When a Song is selected and the Remove tab hit the song gets deleted immediately. It would seem better to require a confirmation message (as is the case when recent files are removed) in case of accidental erasure.

C. I have set the overlay trigger to a long press but find this is erratic sometimes requiring several long presses to get the desired response. This of course could be the the fault of my tablet (Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2).

D. When entering text (making bookmarks) the suggestive spelling seems to get in the way. For example if I type "Chopin" and then hit the space bar the text gets changed to "Chop In". I would prefer if what is actually typed was used by default.

Comments appreciated.
A - I have no charts named in that way. However, you are right, it would make more sense.

B - Agreed.

C - Several people here running the same tablet, maybe they would be best to comment on this. It's an expensive tablet with a good reputation, if nobody else has this problem you should talk to your supplier.

D - This is an Android thing, nothing to do with MS. Try turning off the Auto-replace feature in Settings | Language & input.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
B.
Or an undo. This way if you have many to delete, you do not have a confirmation coming up each time. Perhaps a choice in Settings?
Once reasonably set up, having the confirmation would be preferred.
C) I have the same tablet (Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2) and find it more convenient to trigger the overlay with the pen which I am going to use anyway. The response to the pen is flawless.
Thanks Graeme for your response on D. That sorted it out.