• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Companion: delete song in set List crashes the application
Hi,

if I try to delete a song at the second last position on a set list then the application crashes immediately. Song has same title as the other one, but has different files and so on. Tablet only shows a connection error and ask for reconnect.

After restart Companion both songs are still at the set list. At the moment I cannot delete the song with Companion. Delete the songs with MSheet Editor works.

Regards

C 1.3.6
M 4.0.1
I'm also find that set lists are making the app crash, but I'm not using the companion. If I delete a song from the setlist then the setlist crashes the app when I try to load the setlist again - or any single song from the setlist.
~got the blues in my shoes~
I mostly hang out here.
I'll look into this immediately. Thanks for letting me know.
I've tried to get this crash to occur, and have been completely unsuccessful. On the tablet in the setlist editor, if I remove songs from any position in a setlist, no crash occurs when I load the setlist. If I load up a setlist, then click the edit button, then remove songs, still no crash occurs. If I delete a song that is in a setlist, then load that setlist, no crash occurs. Is there something I am missing?
I found one problem with the companion, but I still can't replicate what you've described. Any additional details, instructions or screenshots would be appreciated.
If I'm at this screen and delete one of the songs (not just remove it from the list, but delete it), then the set list crashes the app when I try to load it or if I touch on any one song. I tried it again today with another list and the screen went black, said "Loading..." but the list never loaded.

Hope this helps!
Sheryl
~got the blues in my shoes~
I mostly hang out here.
(01-20-2013, 08:42 AM)ClarkRumble Wrote: Hi,

if I try to delete a song at the second last position on a set list then the application crashes immediately. Song has same title as the other one, but has different files and so on. Tablet only shows a connection error and ask for reconnect.
C 1.3.6
M 4.0.1

Same on Setlist -> right-click on a song -> "Edit Song" --> Crashed

Regards
Just a further problem with the set list: drag'n'drop a song within the list to move it to another position moves the song but place the same song twice. This happens with each move. If I want to delete the doublettes -> see above, app crashes.

Huh The Set list in Mobile Companion 1.3.6 is very buggy. Seems like a local (inside Companion) misbehaviour. The tablet is surprized only about a lost connection.

Regards
All,

There have been a few recent bugs that for some reason only manifest themselves with a specific purchase market. I.e. there was a bug that caused a crash when the screen rotated, but that only happened with the Amazon App Store version.

Therefore, please make sure you mention which market version you have, as well as the version.

Thanks!
I notice that when a song is deleted using the list in the setlist editor, the list on the right side doesn't update to show that the song has been removed. I will fix this.

I cannot replicate your error though. On the tablet, I created a setlist with 5 songs, then completely deleted the third song from the setlist. I then proceeded to load the setlist, and didn't encounter any errors. I'll keep trying on my end, but with all of the recent fixes I've made, I'm not sure I'll get it to happen.

As a side note, I tried all the same tests on the companion app, and didn't encounter any errors either. Here's hoping that with v4.0.2, all of your problems with go away.

(01-22-2013, 10:18 PM)scoleman Wrote: If I'm at this screen and delete one of the songs (not just remove it from the list, but delete it), then the set list crashes the app when I try to load it or if I touch on any one song. I tried it again today with another list and the screen went black, said "Loading..." but the list never loaded.

Hope this helps!
Sheryl
Mike,

You did notice that the errors she was encountering were related to deleting a duplicate song (i.e. one of two songs with the same name). Could there be an issue with how you are doing the delete from your database table when there are multiple songs with the same name? (I don't know if you have a unique ID for each song that you use for SELECT or DELETE commands)
(01-26-2013, 12:01 AM)Snard Wrote: Mike,

You did notice that the errors she was encountering were related to deleting a duplicate song (i.e. one of two songs with the same name). Could there be an issue with how you are doing the delete from your database table when there are multiple songs with the same name? (I don't know if you have a unique ID for each song that you use for SELECT or DELETE commands)

For me, deleting just one song crashes companion. And a move within the set list duplicates the song itself (once per move).

Greetings
I spent some time creating set lists, with duplicate songs of the same name, reordering, deleting, viewing, and so on but disappointingly I couldn't make it crash even once. Sad I tried on the tablet and on the companion (admittedly the companion is a bit glitchy but I think Mike put that down to having to use the built-in Android list thingy).

In fact, the only crash I could get was the one that Mike has now fixed, where you can 'delete a song' but the song list doesn't update so you can still re-add it to the set list, and then when you try to view the set list it will crash because the song doesn't exist anymore.

Asus Transformer Pad TF300 Android 4.1.1 - App version 4.0.1 from Google Play - Companion 1.3.6
Thanks for the help in trying to track down this bug. I've definitely been struggling to reproduce it. I'm hoping that my fixes in v4.0.2 will take care of this.