• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[1.0.6, 1.0.7, 1.0.8] ChordPro files in landscape orientation
When the tablet is used in landscape orientation the handling of ChordPro files is pretty inconvenient. As they are formatted based on the portrait tablet screen, the lower part of the pages is not shown. To play from a ChordPro file that is more than one page long I need to both scroll pages and trigger page turns. This requires concentration that I would prefer to use for playing.
IMHO the best solution would be to store two separate ChordPro settings for portrait and landscape and use as many landscape pages as are required to display the full length without scrolling.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Have you tried the 2 page display? I don't have or use any chordpro files.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
I think I have a fix that's going to properly address this issue. You will need to disable the "Display Half Page in Landscape" setting in order to get the behavior you described though.
With "Display Half Page In Landscape" and "Half-Page Turns In Landscape Mode" set it is much better for Chordpro files but I'm not yet fully content. I need to think about before I can write down what I still don't like.
I use a mix of ChordPro and PDF files. Some PDFs are portrait, some are landscape formatted and on occasion I turn the tablet if required. Might sound a bit strange, but seems to the best soulution for me.
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11

I think you will be happier after the next update. I've reworked the implementation to make full use of the available screen space.
ChordPro files that are longer than one page are now displayed on as many pages as required, no scrolling is required anymore if the tablet is in landscape orientation - that's how I wanted it. Thanks a lot Mike.
Alas there is a new bug now: short ChordPro files are not displayed any more, they just show an empty white screen. And that's really a pity as I have many of them.
As I am struggling to play as many songs as possible from memory I have a number of songs that are only placeholders for the setlists. I create them as ChordPro files containing just the title, the key as [] ChordPro chord and if required some small hints like a few words from the lyrics. It is very convenient to do this in ChordPro as I can edit what I need in place on the tablet and that's it, no hassle with PDF conversion that always needs a PC.
I have a lot of them and all worked fine in MS 1.0.6! Please, Mike, fix this as soon as possible. Thank you in advance.
Pls rename the attached example back to .pro (as before I renamed it because the forum does not accept .pro files)

Attached Files
.txt   ActNaturally_E_SHe.pro.txt (Size: 145 bytes / Downloads: 5)

(05-13-2015, 06:23 AM)itsme Wrote: ChordPro files that are longer than one page are now displayed on as many pages as required, no scrolling is required anymore if the tablet is in landscape orientation - that's how I wanted it. Thanks a lot Mike.
Alas there is a new bug now: short ChordPro files are not displayed any more, they just show an empty white screen. And that's really a pity as I have many of them.
As I am struggling to play as many songs as possible from memory I have a number of songs that are only placeholders for the setlists. I create them as ChordPro files containing just the title, the key as [] ChordPro chord and if required some small hints like a few words from the lyrics. It is very convenient to do this in ChordPro as I can edit what I need in place on the tablet and that's it, no hassle with PDF conversion that always needs a PC.
I have a lot of them and all worked fine in MS 1.0.6! Please, Mike, fix this as soon as possible. Thank you in advance.
Pls rename the attached example back to .pro (as before I renamed it because the forum does not accept .pro files)

Your problem with short files giving you a blank screen sounds like it could be related to the bug that I reported earlier with the NewPage directive.
Confirmed with me too (MSPro v1.0.7) most of the .pro files are not visible. They are also blank in the editor, but looking at the actual file where it is stored, it is ok and can see it in a text viewer.
Also sometime within the last couple of updates, I see some of the pro files have been duplicated. My setting is to eliminate duplicates on import so it appends a unique ID number, but some now have the number twice in the filename.
Green song might be, Green song_355 and there is now another in that folder called Green Song_355_355.
Very odd. Anyway, both do not show. I replaced the song file in the editor with both of them, but it was not fixed.
Oddly some pro files show.
Some txt files do not.
No, I don't think my issue is directly connected with the {new_page} directive. My affected ChordPro files do not contain a new_page. I only used new_page in one single file, just to see how it works.
That specific file (containing new_page) shows its first page correctly when the tablet is in landscape orientation, the page break is some lines before the new_page. The second page is empty. With the tablet in portrait orientation the file is shown as two empty pages.

Attached Files
.txt   Caprifischer_C.pro.txt (Size: 1.09 KB / Downloads: 2)

(05-13-2015, 07:32 AM)itsme Wrote: No, I don't think my issue is directly connected with the {new_page} directive. My affected ChordPro files do not contain a new_page. I only used new_page in one single file, just to see how it works.
That specific file (containing new_page) shows its first page correctly when the tablet is in landscape orientation, the page break is some lines before the new_page. The second page is empty. With the tablet in portrait orientation the file is shown as two empty pages.

I still think it's related. In your case, you have actual short pages that show as blank. In my case, the new_page directive is effectively creating short pages. It's not that the new_page directive is the problem, it's the short page that is the problem.

In your file that contains the new_page, the first page in landscape is not shortened by the new_page, so it displays correctly, but the second page is short which shows as blank.
Just pushed out a version 1.0.8 with a fix for this problem. Thanks for the help!
I notice the same issue as reported in
http://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum/...p?tid=2563
black screen with rotating "busy" circle
seems to be an endless loop that uses a lot of processor power, the tablet reacts very slow

Dang, I was hoping most of the issues were taken care of. I'll look into it.