• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Metronome preview
I think it would be useful to be able to see/hear the metronome for just a couple of bars when opening the song view. This makes it possible to get a good feeling of the tempo without having to play the metronome all the time.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
I would like a metronome button that, while pressed, it shows, plays or both (depending on the setting) the BPM for the song. Also visual reference as to what the count is, quarter, dotted quarter etc. as well as what Johan proposes, where it will automatically play a couple of measures then stop.
Why I like a button is because sometimes you only need a 2 or 3 beats, or where you have little time to start playing. Also if you are waiting for something to happen (like in a musical for the end of dialog), you can hold on the button while this happens.
It could be put on th quick action bar.

An additional idea is once Bluetooth or wifi connections to other tablets running MS works, others see the metronome so they have an idea of tempo) (not acting as a count in, because there would be sync problems I should think.)
Open the metronome, tap the gear at the top left, then select "Auto-Start" and "Count-in", and provide the number of beats you want the metronome to play before automatically stopping.
(05-07-2015, 05:09 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Open the metronome, tap the gear at the top left, then select "Auto-Start" and "Count-in", and provide the number of beats you want the metronome to play before automatically stopping.

Priceless!! Never thought to use count-in for that purpose...

May I suggest to change the setting "number of beats" to "number of measures", so you can have a two measure count-in for all songs without having to worry about time signatures?
Johan
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
(05-07-2015, 05:09 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Open the metronome, tap the gear at the top left, then select "Auto-Start" and  "Count-in", and provide the number of beats you want the metronome to play before automatically stopping.

Hi,
is this only available in Pro Version? I have the full-version of Mobilesheets...
(05-14-2015, 04:04 AM)KMenge Wrote: is this only available in Pro Version? I have the full-version of Mobilesheets...

Yes - it's a pro thing - buy it, you won't be disappointed.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
(05-07-2015, 06:23 PM)sciurius Wrote: May I suggest to change the setting "number of beats" to "number of measures", so you can have a two measure count-in for all songs without having to worry about time signatures?

I have configured the bottom part of the screen to start the metronome. When I tap on it, I get the count-in. Is there a way to keep it ticking without having to change the settings?
I like it that when I change to a song I get a short preview to get a feeling for the tempo, but sometimes I just want it running.
Johan
Unfortunately, I don't have something at the moment to handle switching between using a count-in and not. One option would be to play the count-in, but if you tap again to start/stop the metronome and it's in the middle of a count-in, it will just continue to play normally (bypassing the count in). Another option would be to put the toggle on the main metronome window, but this would then still require multiple actions if the window isn't left up. I'm open to feedback if anyone has other ideas as well.

Mike
(05-23-2015, 05:53 PM)Zuberman Wrote: One option would be to play the count-in, but if you tap again to start/stop the metronome and it's in the middle of a count-in, it will just continue to play normally (bypassing the count in).

Sounds like a good, workable solution!
Johan