• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First performance with MobileSheetsPro
Although I would have loved to have just a little bit more time for preparations, and a more stable version of MSP, I had my first paperless performance yesterday.

Set-up: Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Note 2 (portrait) with MobileSheetsPro 1.0.6. PageFlip Firefly via USB connection. About 40 lead sheets in ChoPro format.

After making the final modifications to the lead sheets on the PC I copied them to the tablet and imported them into MSP. In MSP I compiled the setlists (4 sets) and checked the song view of each song, adding some annotations (notes and highlights) where needed. I used MSP to make a back up of all songs and data.

On stage, the first surprise was that loading the first setlist crashed MSP. Fortunately, I had some spare time to track this down to one song in the setlist, a song that I didn't really need. So this was 'solved' quickly.
A more serious surprise I got while playing: the annotations I made all appeared shifted down for about 2 lines, which made them very confusing. And since I was playing I couldn't do anything about it until the first break.
I hope these issues are already solved in the post-1.0.6 releases.

On average the performance went well, but I clearly need more time to get used to the pedal for page flips. I also have an multi-effects pedal to control, and sometimes it became confusing what pedal to press. Given time this will get better.
I need to make a lot more changes to the ChoPro files. For example, of a song that is two paper pages, I have chords for the first verse and chorus (on the left page), and just lyrics for everything else (on the right page). Since MSP on the tablet is in essence a single-page display, I can no longer peek at the chords when on the second page. Two adjacent pages in portrait mode is too small for me to read.

Will I continue to use MSP? Definitely, despite some critical notes!

FYI: I choose for a wired (USB) connection with the Filefly since I did not want the complications that result from problems with the bluetooth connection. I hope we'll be able to nail these problems soon.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).

Messages In This Thread
First performance with MobileSheetsPro - by sciurius - 05-15-2015, 10:53 PM