• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lining up badly scanned sheets
This will be way down the list of priorities but very helpful to me as have to scan in lots of previously badly aligned scanned sheets.  I am aware that this can be done in an external application but will be much more convenient to do it in MS.

John
Hannspree 13.3"
Android 4.2.2
We all have our own way of doing things. Personally, I find it more 'convenient' to prepare my files for proper display (meaning alignment, re-sizing, etc.) before importing them into MS.

I'm not convinced about doing such work from within the app. Seems to me it's adding an unnecessary layer of complexity (or, to put it another way, something else that could go wrong) and you are asking for something that goes beyond its given brief.

As you have already said, there are plenty of existing programs that will do the job and I believe it's better to use one of those and preserve MS for what it was designed to do, i.e., store, sort and display music files.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
I fully agree with GraemeJ. Although it is tempting to add such functionality, it causes resources to be drawn from the core functionality of MSPro. For example, it may be equally wishful to be able to edit the contents of ChoPro files — so we'd need to incorporate a word processor. Record and post-process audio? Midi? And so on.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
(05-18-2015, 12:57 AM)GraemeJ Wrote: We all have our own way of doing things.  Personally, I find it more 'convenient' to prepare my files for proper display (meaning alignment, re-sizing, etc.) before importing them into MS.

I'm not convinced about doing such work from within the app.  Seems to me it's adding an unnecessary layer of complexity (or, to put it another way, something else that could go wrong) and you are asking for something that goes beyond its given brief.  

As you have already said, there are plenty of existing programs that will do the job and I believe it's better to use one of those and preserve MS for what it was designed to do, i.e., store, sort and display music files.

I complete agree with GraemeJ - I prepare my PDFs before importing them into MSPro. It makes much more sense and doesn't tax MSPro so much.
"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is."

http://reberclark.bandcamp.com
I also agree, and do that with new additions but when I first started using MS I had 500+ sheets to scan and so little time to do them.  Some are badly out of line and whilst I subsequently considered editing them in an external program, I didn't see a way of uploading them to appear back in the original album that they were bulk uploaded with.  Is this possible?

John
Hannspree 13.3"
Android 4.2.2
If you configure MSPro to not maintain the files, you can just replace the original file and MSPro will update it.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).