• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MobileSheets v4.0.2 and MobileSheets Companion v1.4.1 Released
Snard,

You can use the new companion with any "recent" version of MobileSheets, but if you try to use a version that is too old, you may run into some database issues. Anything 3.8 or greater should be just fine.

Mike

(01-29-2013, 02:02 AM)Snard Wrote: Thanks very much for this comprehensive update! This past weekend, I think I ran across one of the bugs you fixed (link points not showing up. This was for a song that consisted of multiple .JPG files). I'll confirm that the link points work correctly with the new version, once I've installed it.

This reminds me of a question I've been meaning to ask on the update process. On the Android side, there can be a delay on the availability of the app depending on the market we used when we purchased the app (I used Google Play so I tend to see updates right away, but one of my fellow choir members bought from the Amazon Appstore, which can take another day or two). However, on the PC side, the companion app will report a new version immediately.

So after that lengthy introduction, here's my question: is there any danger in installing the latest greatest companion if I'm still running an older Android version? I've seen messages on my Android screen when the companion app connects, which lead me to believe that there are compatibility checks going on, but that raises a further question: if the companion app detected a "too old" Android app/database, is there an easy way to "back down" to an older companion app version? Or would I be stuck & have to wait until the Android app updates?

Messages In This Thread
RE: MobileSheets v4.0.2 and MobileSheets Companion v1.4.0 Released - by Zubersoft - 01-29-2013, 05:23 AM