• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MobileSheets v4.0.2 and MobileSheets Companion v1.4.1 Released
(01-29-2013, 09:36 AM)Zuberman Wrote: ...

Thanks for your feedback Snard, and for helping answer other questions on the forum. I really appreciate that. Let me know if I can do anything to help obscure less of your screen with the overlay. You can disable the page slider if you want, but I'm not sure what to do about the bottom buttons.

You're very welcome. I may have mentioned before that I'm a software developer by trade and a musician in my spare time. I don't have any experience in Android development, at least at this time, but your "behind the scenes" explanation on the long press behavior makes sense to me.

As I alluded to before, with the slide window no longer present, I'm more inclined to set my overlay action back to "short tap", since it's easy to simply tap a second time if I bring up the overlay accidentally.

On the other topic (obscuring the top & bottom of the screen in overlay mode), I have a couple of ideas that might be worth looking into. I've noticed that when you are in the initial overlay mode, the slider & top/bottom bars are essentially overlaid on the screen, and they hide what is behind them. However, if I pick annotation mode, the bar at the top of the screen doesn't obscure the window, it is actually above it (i.e. if you use a two finger drag gesture, you can slide the window down & see the top of the screen). However, the various option boxes at the bottom of the screen are overlays. If there was a way to scroll the window up & down (i.e. if the bars behaved like the title bar in annotation mode), maybe this would be a way to do it.

BTW, I'm just brainstorming here, so don't run off and start coding yet! Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: MobileSheets v4.0.2 and MobileSheets Companion v1.4.1 Released - by Snard - 01-29-2013, 10:30 AM