• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Pro Companion Issue?
#1
Ok, this totally could be me on this one so this maybe a how to question!  Angel

I went to use the pro companion (after it updated) this morning and dragged music to it as I always do.  It gave me the following error message..."A file exists in the storage location with the same name, and is used by {0} other songs.  Would you like to replace the existing file, rename the new file or cancel?" If I hit rename, it doesn't allow me to type anything in the next box. The only way I could get it to load was to hit replace.  The kicker of this situation is that I just got this music so it was never loaded into MSPro before.  

Now, for the back story, I have a bunch of songs; solo, quartet, orchestra; where the pdf "file name" would be Clarinet_1 or Clarinet _2 or etc...that is in a folder with the actual song name.  I've never had this issue before with MS or MS Pro.

Any suggestions?  Thanks for the help and input!
Reply
#2
First off, I just fixed the issue with it not replacing the "{0}" with an actual number, so thanks for pointing that out. Next, I'm really surprised the rename never worked - it's supposed to query the tablet to see what names are acceptable as you type. It does seem to incorrectly lose keyboard focus though, so I have a fix in place for that now too.

As for why it showed the dialog at all, I'd be willing to bet the file existed in your storage location even though it wasn't in use by a song.

Mike
Reply
#3
(05-28-2015, 03:58 PM)Zuberman Wrote: As for why it showed the dialog at all, I'd be willing to bet the file existed in your storage location even though it wasn't in use by a song.


Mike as always, you are AWESOME!  I so love this program.  I have a Nexus 10, do you know how I can find out where this "file" is located so it doesn't do it again?  Thanks a bunch!
Reply
#4
OK, I have an update on this one.  When I "replaced" it literally "replaced" the original file but kept the original name.  For example. I have a song that I uploaded called The American River.  When I pulled up American River, the piece that came up was actually Die Meistersinger Prelude.  All my music has original PDF file names of Clarinet_1 Clarinet_2, etc.  Without having to to go through 421 songs, is there a way to fix this?  I had done the "Rename" but having to do this everything is going to get very complicated.  I tend to have 2-3 parts for the same piece.  I have deleted the songs that were messed up and will reload those, but I'm looking for an easier way to bypass this issue.  Suggestions?  I have a Nexus 10 tablet.
Reply
#5
I'm a little confused, because in order for you to have a conflict, both files would have had to have the same name, so when you said it replaced the original file but kept the original name, what exactly does that mean? If you have tons of files with duplicate names, you have two options to bypass this issue. First, in the MS Pro Settings->Storage, make sure that "Create subdirectory per Song" is checked. If that's already checked, and you are using songs with identical titles, then checking the "Add Unique Id to Filenames" will revert to the old MobileSheets behavior where numbers are appended to all file names. This pretty much eliminates file name conflicts.

Mike
Reply
#6
(06-24-2015, 02:26 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I'm a little confused, because in order for you to have a conflict, both files would have had to have the same name, so when you said it replaced the original file but kept the original name, what exactly does that mean?   If you have tons of files with duplicate names, you have two options to bypass this issue. First, in the MS Pro Settings->Storage, make sure that "Create subdirectory per Song" is checked. If that's already checked, and you are using songs with identical titles, then checking the "Add Unique Id to Filenames" will revert to the old MobileSheets behavior where numbers are appended to all file names.  This pretty much eliminates file name conflicts.

Mike

Ok let me see if I can clarify. On my laptop I have a folder named American River.  Within the folder I have 3 PDF's: Clarinet_1, Clarinet_2, Clarinet_Bass.  I have another folder named Die Meistersinger Prelude, within that folder I have 2 PDF's: Clarinet_1, Clarinet_2.  So the original file names are Clarinet_1, Clarinet_2, etc.  When I use the companion app on my laptop, will come up with the error message that a file already has that name.  When I added the new pieces (which are new), it replaced the PDF of American River with Die Meistersinger but kept the name of the piece as American River.  Yet I still have a Die Meistersinger listed.  I know confusing.
Reply
#7
Definitely sounds like a bug. I'm going to try to reproduce that scenario. I'll let you know what I find.

Thanks,
Mike
Reply
#8
(06-24-2015, 11:52 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Definitely sounds like a bug. I'm going to try to reproduce that scenario. I'll let you know what I find.

Thanks,
Mike

Cool Beans!  I will continue to just truck along for now.  Thanks as always for the help!
Reply


Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon  


Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)


  Theme © 2014 iAndrew  
Powered By MyBB, © 2002-2021 MyBB Group.