• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Database Internal: Sharpening
As I understand, a song can be associated with several files. For example a lead sheet (ChordPro), a score (PDF), some photocopies (JPG).
To enhance images, most notably scanned images, sharpening can be applied to the image.
However, the sharpening settings are part of the song settings while I would expect these to be part of the file settings. So currently individual scans for the same song can not have different sharpening settings.
It this intentional or am I overlooking something?

BTW No big deal -- just curious.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
The sharpening was first introduced with the original Mobilesheets, where I didn't allow multiple PDFs or a mix of files. As such, it was put into the main songs table. I didn't think to move it to a different table in MS Pro. If anyone cares, I can adjust it, but I don't think very many people utilize that feature.

Mike
"...a song can be associated with several files. For example a lead sheet (ChordPro), a score (PDF), some photocopies (JPG)..."
There's a small issue when a ChordPro file is part of a song: as soon as one ChordPro file is included, I cannot add more files, the error message says "ChordPro files cannot be combined with other files" or the like. This is definitely not the case. A ChordPro file can be one of several files of a song and can be moved with the up/down buttons in the list to any position within the song and works fine wherever it is, even if it is rendered to several pages. So at least adding more PDF or image files should be allowed and the error message should be more specific.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Chord pro and text files cannot be combined with any other file types in MS Pro. The number of pages of a chord pro file can dynamically change, so it just creates a lot of complexity if I try to combine that with other file types. This is a limitation of the software and I don't believe I'm going to change this. So in this case, the error message is correct.
That's what I believed until thenpost of Sciurius. But in fact they CAN be combined. At least in 1.1.4 I was able to do that as described in my previous post. 
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11

How were you able to do it? That would definitely cause some issues in my code.
I created a song from a PDF. With "Edit Song" I opened the song editor, went to the "Files" tab. Clicking the folder icon opened the file system from where I added several more PDFs. Then I added a ChordPro file just the same way. Now, as soon as a ChordPro file is included into the song, when I click the folder icon again, adding more files is prevented with "You cannot mix text files with other file types".
With the up/down buttons I can move the ChordPro file from the last position to any place within the song.
At first glance it seems to work.
But you are right, there are some issues:
- when I change the font size of the ChordPro file, the display is not updated until I close and re-open the song
- when the number of pages of the ChordPro file should be changed because of changing the font size or because of turning the tablet from portrait to landscape, it keeps the original number of pages so that parts of the text are not displayed.

Combining ChordPro with PDFs in one song is not an essential feature at all, just the error message and behaviour are irritating and inconsitent.
If it's easy to allow the combination it might be useful in some cases. If it causes problems, just prevent it consistently.

(06-02-2015, 06:50 AM)itsme Wrote: I created a song from a PDF. With "Edit Song" I opened the song editor, went to the "Files" tab. Clicking the folder icon opened the file system from where I added several more PDFs. Then I added a ChordPro file just the same way.

With 1.1.5, this yields a problem: when adding the ChordPro file, the current song settings (title, artist) are copied from the ChordPro directives. While this is desired for a new song, I think it would be better to leave these settings alone when adding to an already existing song.
Also, when importing a ChordPro into a new song, it would be nice if the resultant song title could be chosen from "derive from file name", "use file name as title" and "use ChordPro {title} directive".
Johan
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
With 1.1.6, I've fixed the problem - you can't combine chord pro with other file types, and only one chord pro is allowed per song, so I don't really think it's an issue. As for picking the title, I'm not sure how I would want to implement that from a UI perspective, as choosing "Use ChordPro {title} directive"wouldn't mean anything for other file types (I'm thinking of the batch import dialog).
Yes, for the batch import this would be hard.
Let's see how far we get with the current suggested approach.

BTW: Restricting songs to either ChordPro or other files -- what will happen to existing songs dat already have a mix of PDF, jpg, ChordPro?
Johan
They will be unchanged - you will just encounter odd bugs depending upon what you try to do.