• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duplicate Song Names Broken (via Companion)
I've come across a bug when adding songs via the companion (I haven't tried through the app).

If I add multiple songs with the same name, but with different difficulty/custom fields/images (like I do for trumpet 1-4 parts) it appears that since the most recent update they all now point to the same place, which means they are all showing the same image when they should be different.

The file list shows "[Default Location]/Song Name/Song Name.gif" for all 4 songs.

Cheers,

Chris
Hi Chris,

Looks like I can't win... I have one user who really didn't want the file names prepended by "id_", so I removed this when "create subdirectories" is checked. I'm not sure I can come up with an answer that will make everybody happy. I'm not sure what I will do yet. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
(02-01-2013, 08:57 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Hi Chris,

Looks like I can't win... I have one user who really didn't want the file names prepended by "id_", so I removed this when "create subdirectories" is checked. I'm not sure I can come up with an answer that will make everybody happy. I'm not sure what I will do yet. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

I can think of a few ways to handles this:

1. You can prepend/append a unique code to the directory name instead, when there are duplicate song titles (so that each song gets its own folder)
  2. You can prompt the user for the desired new folder name when a duplicate is found
I personally am not worried about the file names that are given for files that I import. I assume that there are some filename characters that are legal under Windows and not allowed on Android (Linux) and assume MobileSheets will take care of this for me.
I think I'm going to append the unique identifier to every filename, instead of prepending. Hopefully this works for everyone.
Ok cool, yeah I'm not really bothered what you call the filenames internally. If I can solve the issue by unchecking "create subdirectories" then I'll happily do that!? I don't think it's checked intentionally.
That will solve your issue for now. Once I release this next update, that will allow it to work either way.
Working both ways now, thanks a lot!
You're welcome!