• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Merging files into 1 song
I haven't got this to work. I have checked 'join files' and OK and I have a message 'Successfully exported /storage/emulated/0/mspro/**********.pdf' and have touched OK, but I can't find the new pdf. When I go back to the song to edit it, the three original pdfs are there but nothing else. Any suggestions, please, as to what I might have missed?
Sorry Geoff, I hadn't seen your message when replying to Mike. I'll look into those.
Thanks Geoff, PDF Merge has done the job.
PDF Split and Merge https://pdfsam.org/ is another PDF toolbox program with many features to merge, split and re-combine  PDF files.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Having further explored the scanning software on my computer, I now have options for scanning new material into a multi-page pdf as well as for combining existing pdfs. Many thanks for all the helpful replies.
Hi, I have a related but slightly different need. I've got three songs in MSP, each with its own PDF file. I don't need to combine the PDFs, but I'd like to combine the three songs into one song (with three files attached). What would be the easiest way to do this that would also preserve my annotations?

I just tried the export file including annotations, which works fine (re-importing into a single song), but the problem here is that the annotations are now embedded in the PDF (it seems) and no longer editable.

Many thanks!
Unfortunately, there isn't an option at the moment to merge songs, so if you want to preserve your annotations, you would have to do exactly what you already tried - export everything to a single PDF. Just remember that if you enable the option in the annotations editor to "Enable editing of embedded PDF annotations", then you can still interact with the annotations that were written into the PDF.

Mike
(02-05-2022, 04:26 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Unfortunately, there isn't an option at the moment to merge songs, so if you want to preserve your annotations, you would have to do exactly what you already tried - export everything to a single PDF. Just remember that if you enable the option in the annotations editor to "Enable editing of embedded PDF annotations", then you can still interact with the annotations that were written into the PDF.

Aha, yes, that -- "Enable editing of embedded PDF annotations" -- should work fine (I forgot about it). It's not that I intend to extensively change these annotations, but that should give me the option to delete something if necessary. 

But I see no need to export to a single PDF. I'll simply add all three PDFs to a single 'song', which is exactly what I was looking for. (This was a case where I imported three movements of a single work and later realized it made much more sense for me to keep them together in a single 'song'.)

Many thanks!
Dear Mike,

This worked perfectly -- was able to export four of five movements to a local directory and then immediately re-import them into the song file of the first movement, which I accordingly renamed. Took less time to do than to write this message. And editing the embedded annotations (e.g., in this case a deletion) also worked great.

Thanks again!