• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minor nit: Sorting order
Hi,

As the subject says, it's a minor "nit" but I thought I'd mention it if it's an easy fix in a release down the road.

I recently added a song whose first character is a ' (the song name is "'Tis Good, Lord, To Be Here", without the double quotes of course). When I go to the Songs list in the Android app, it will appear at the very top of the list, under the "#" grouping. However, when I view the Songs list in the companion app, the song will appear in the middle of the songs that start with a T, sorted as though the ' character was not present (i.e. it would be between "This" and "Total")

I should mention that when I first run the companion app and it displays the songs, the 'Tis song will be at the very top of the list, but if I make any changes to the sort order and revert to sort by song title, it will move back to the T's. (This is where the song appeared when I first added it via the companion app.)

As I said, this isn't a big issue, but it would be nice if the sorting function was the same between the two apps. I'm guessing that this will also happen for other lists (i.e. artist, album, etc.)

Thanks!
Thanks for letting me know about this. I'll make sure it gets fixed for the next update. The behavior in the companion app will match that of the tablet.