• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Half page landscape instant turn
I not am experimenting with the new setting that lets you determine the boundaries of each half of a page when you are viewing a document in landscape model with MobileSheets set to turn half a page at a time.

I have set up the file with the boundaries I want, then went back to check the page turns. They work fine, BUT the display scrolls instead of changing instantly. I have page-turn effects turned OFF in Settings.

I can't find any other setting to affect this. I find the scrolling distracting, and would rather have an instant change.

Thanks.
I can change the half page turn behavior to be instant with the page turn animation setting off. I'll add that to the next update.
Wow. Thanks.
You know what else would be useful in half-page landscape mode? If you automatically drew a blue line at the bottom of the screen when you were at the top half of the page and the blue line at the the screen wen you were at the bottom half of the page. This could be a selectable setting, since some folks wouldn't like it.

And even better, in addition, if you had manually set the break point, the blue line would appear there, despite any overlap at the top or bottom of the display.
I can certainly add that to the feature request list if it would be useful to people. You would want that just as a visual cue for whether you are viewing the top half of the page versus the bottom half, right? Or in the case of a custom half page position, the location of where the page will be scrolled to.
Mike - there was a discussion, a long time ago, about introducing a feature to adjust the exact positioning of half-pages (so that lines were not cut in half) and having a movable blue line to show this - AIR, it was originally to do with half pages in portrait mode, but I see no reason why it should not work for landscape as well. This would also solve this users problem.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
That feature is still on my TODO list. I'm not sure yet if the implementation should match between the two, because I imagine a lot of people wouldn't want to see a blue line drawn across their score in the landscape single page display mode - it's a little different with the half page mode in portrait, as the line will be drawn between the two half pages.
No - they probably wouldn't, but the request from carrickp was in relation to half-page display in landscape.
Graeme

Some of my music here
Right - the half-page display in landscape he is using is the single page display mode with half page turns enabled.
Mike -- right. It's easy to get yourself lost and confused turning half pages in landscape mode. I think the blue line approach would help. An old app called MusicReader did this, and it helped a lot.

For myself, I probably would use half page landscape only to play chamber music from scores, since with the new fit-to- screen setting I finally can see a whole page with just a single part on it in portrait mode on my Samsung 12.2 tablet.
(06-11-2015, 02:18 AM)carrickp Wrote: Mike -- right. It's easy to get yourself lost and confused turning half pages in landscape mode.

Believe me, it can be just as confusing with half pages in portrait mode! Which is how the original post came about. In fact, although there can be some advantages with half pages, I have reverted to using full pages only, until this little feature is implemented.
Graeme

Some of my music here