• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum Moderation
Occasionally this forum is hit by spam. Does this forum software have the ability to automatically moderate the first post of a new user?
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
Whether or not the software allows this, I don't know. If it does (and it probably has something like this, it's a very comprehensive bit of software) then it's not activated. Only an Admin (meaning, in this case, Mike) would be able to change this, not a Moderator, or even a Super Moderator

Personally, unlike some forums I frequent, I don't think spam here really worth bothering about. There are not that many spam posts - to date, we have dealt with 18 this month. Most of them are fairly innocuous and not likely to offend - and they get cleared out very quickly. Both Mike and I visit the forum regularly (at least twice a day in my case, often a lot more) and any spam post is instantly removed, the user account deleted and the user banned (one click is all it needs). In fact, most of them are never even reported, as they get sorted before legitimate users even see them.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
The moderators are making a good job. Thank you very much. All spam posts that I ever noticed disappeared very quickly.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

At the moment, Graeme is the only moderator, so hats off to him for his help in controlling the spam. If the spam increases at any point, I may ask if any other users want to become moderators as well, but for now, I think it's all under control.
Mike and I are on opposite sides of the pond (and I'm a late night person - it's 3:50 CET here). One way and another, we have virtually 24/7 coverage and the few spam posts that do turn up rarely exist for more than a couple or three hours.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here