• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum software
I'm not feeling that ambitious at the moment - I think I'll leave well alone for a couple of days Smile .
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
So, I did leave it for a couple of days and today the problem has returned.

I'm still using the Vienna theme and that has worked perfectly since my last post in this thread. Since then, I have accessed the forum and made several posts here without any problem-

This evening, I logged into the forum and I was astonished to find all the formatting is haywire again.

Everything else works - all other forums and websites display perfectly - and I haven't even turned this computer off since I was last here.

I really haven't a clue as what is going on!
Graeme

Some of my music here
Have you tried finding another site using this forums software [mybb] and seeing if it is messed up also.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
Screenshot?
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
If it is a corrupted file somewhere it should not affect other forums (especially if it is this forum's server, perhaps interacting with a faulty cache on yours). Do the other forums have the same Themes? (Not that I suggest playing around with other forums necessarily as they might corrupt also.)

Are you running some kind of backup or something on your devices or router that might change a cache (or not?)

You did not say you tried changing the Theme a few times when you discovered it this time. Did you? I presume it does not work?
Does the problem show on all other devices still?

Check that other new user you made. Has it changed on there also?
(06-13-2015, 07:40 AM)Skip Wrote: Have you tried finding another site using this forums software [mybb] and seeing if it is messed up also.

I thought of that - but haven't found one yet. I think I might talk the mybb guys.
Graeme

Some of my music here
(06-13-2015, 07:40 AM)sciurius Wrote: Screenshot?

Here you go (last time I tried this, it didn't work).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Graeme

Some of my music here
(06-13-2015, 08:18 AM)bumblebee Wrote: If it is a corrupted file somewhere it should not affect other forums (especially if it is this forum's server, perhaps interacting with a faulty cache on yours). Do the other forums have the same Themes? (Not that I suggest playing around with other forums necessarily as they might corrupt also.)

None of my other forums use the same software - but I'm looking for one that does.

Nothing has changed on this computer (my laptop) for ages. Cleared the cache and all that sort of thing. Same problem on three other machines here, again, nothing has been changed for a long time.

(06-13-2015, 08:18 AM)bumblebee Wrote: Are you running some kind of backup or something on your devices or router that might change a cache (or not?)

Nope Smile !

(06-13-2015, 08:18 AM)bumblebee Wrote: You did not say you tried changing the Theme a few times when you discovered it this time. Did you? I presume it does not work?

I did and it didn't. Same as before, three themes are unformatted (well, sort of) and the other one returns a 404 when I try to access different things.

(06-13-2015, 08:18 AM)bumblebee Wrote: Does the problem show on all other devices still?

Yes, same on all of them

(06-13-2015, 08:18 AM)bumblebee Wrote: Check that other new user you made. Has it changed on there also?

Yes. In fact, even without logging in, I get this odd formatting.

Weird, or what?
Graeme

Some of my music here
http://www.thebiggestboards.com/mybb-forums.php
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
Graeme, I do not think it is weird—yet Smile

My previous suggestion about using 4G to bypass your router and IP number (if relevant) can also be done if you go to a friend's and use their computer, log in (or not) and see what happens (or try an equivalent scenario, like a new or different device from a café etc.)
Also if you do some changes from home, remember to trash the caches because if there is some forum server setting that is corrupted, it might be coming back each time (or randomly or whenever).

We have not got Mike to check or clean out his caches either, so he could see if this is possible (again, once done, then clear yours).

I do not know how your countries ISPs work, but it could related to the IP number coming in to the forum. If this is causing some problem, then it would explain all the devices at your house seeing the same. Take a device to a café and see what happens (clearing the cache). You could also route through one of those web proxy sites to hide or change your IP number.

Also (I know this is a long shot) log in and change your settings to US time zone (or any other) (perhaps other settings as well). Again, clear caches (including the forum server's).
And try making another new user (from the café) and see what happens with different settings than you would normally set (you might have done this when you tried this earlier).
Thanks for the ideas. I'll have a go at all this stuff over the next few days, but a bit busy at the moment with another project.

I have a satellite link which means that my IP address, although theoretically dynamic, is pretty much fixed unless I re-boot the modem. I haven't done that for months - thinking about it, I might start off with doing that.
Graeme

Some of my music here
It's not clear to me whether you have tried different browsers (FireFox, Chrome, ...).
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
Johan, post #9 he has tried, I asked the same Smile
(Graeme, yes you could also try different browsers as you do more tests)
Yes - three of them (post #9).
Graeme

Some of my music here
another thing Graeme, do you remember the devices you used while that new theme was in place—and the last one you used before it changed? This might track down the device that was corrupted or that corrupted it for the next login where it was faulty again.
Also, if you are using different devices, could it be mobile view vs desktop view and some kind of setting to do with which you log on with (I know they are all faulty now, but when it changed, was it a mobile view of the forum device for instance or vice versa?) You might have to get Mike to check views, or it could be a rare forum bug related to this.

If Mike could load in another theme, you could stay with just one device, change it, then see if just using that one device if it starts faulting. I read your description and you did not say if you used another device in that time period; perhaps you did—then ignore this sentence Smile