• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add song without image and pdf
Sometimes, e.g. just before playing live gigs, it would be very useful to add a new song just to have it in the setlist.
The name of the song could be displayed instead of images/pdf.

Thank you!
riffraffmusic
Assuming I'm not misunderstanding you, this feature is already available. If you load your setlist, then bring up the setlist popup window, you can just tap the add button (plus symbol at the bottom right) to add a song temporarily to the setlist. You can save that change by tapping the save button.

The other option is just to go to the setlist editor and add the new song... I'm not sure what you mean by displaying the name of the song versus images/pdf. The name is always displayed. I don't think images/pdfs are shown anywhere except in the song editor.
(02-09-2013, 02:33 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Assuming I'm not misunderstanding you, this feature is already available. If you load your setlist, then bring up the setlist popup window, you can just tap the add button (plus symbol at the bottom right) to add a song temporarily to the setlist. You can save that change by tapping the save button.

The other option is just to go to the setlist editor and add the new song... I'm not sure what you mean by displaying the name of the song versus images/pdf. The name is always displayed. I don't think images/pdfs are shown anywhere except in the song editor.

I think he's saying he'd like to create an empty song - one without images. As a placeholder in a set list (i.e. to remind him to play a song that he doesn't need music for)
Ahh yes, I see. I misread what he wrote. That is not currently supported. I'll see if I can add support for that when I add all of the new fields to songs.
Hi!

Snard, you´re right! I would need 'empty songs', but still with the possibility to add annotations.

@Zuberman! Thanks for this great app! It´s the only reason why I bought my tablet!

riffraffmusic
Any progress on this? I frequently have set lists where 50% are from music and 50% from memory. Currently I have to make a cover sheet in word, save as pdf and add as virtual song.
I have not addressed this particular issue yet. It's going to require some interesting user interface changes to allow users to add blank pages.
As a work around, I wonder if the user could just keep one blank pdf as a song and call it "placeholder" (or something like that). (If you open the page, maybe see the term "Placeholder" anotated on the pdf.)

Then, when you want to add a new song, save the "placeholder" as the name of the new song you want and add it to the set list.

This way, the user would have the option of annotating the placeholder page if he wanted to (and had time, etc.)
Code it so in song edit, a button creates an empty 'page', title it (genre etc.) so it functions as a normal song page. Then you could add any text for that title/page in annotations.
Please allow us to add a song with whatever we need. I have been requesting audio only since early versions. Many of us need to play audio only on intermissions which requires other software and adds unnecessary confusion. You could satisfy all by simply inserting a default picture that says no image present.if none is present. That should work for all and requires minimal coding. As I have stated before many performers would purchase just for this feature alone.

Really appreciate an excellent program but simply playing audio should be possible.
I completely understand your frustration with how long it's taken to release v5.0.0, which will add the features you are requesting gman. I really don't want to spend time and energy solving the problem the wrong way though. I would have to add/modify a lot more code than you think to handle automatically adding a blank file to a song if a user chooses not to supply one. v5.0.0 will support not adding any file at all, and rendering a white background by default. I haven't added the ability to easily add blank pages, but I will make sure this is supported as well. I just would rather spend my time and energy finishing the next update, as I also want to provide a standard audio player that I have complete control over.

For anyone who wants audio only, just go into Microsoft Paint, then click File->Save, and save a blank jpeg. Copy this to a place on your tablet, like /sdcard/downloads. Then just have every song reference the same blank file (disable the copy options to reuse it over and over). This really doesn't take long at all, and accomplishes exactly the same thing.

I'm doing my best to finish v5.0.0, but things have not worked out like I planned (I've been unable to take any vacation from my day job so I could dedicate a chunk of time to MobileSheets).

Mike
No hurry but hoping you will include batch import of audio much like images. Being able to grab both audio and images would be great for new users. I did a wedding reception with lots of written announcements and mp3s and MS was awesome but set up was a chore. I imagine their are many unintended uses for MS.

I have been music book free since version 1.4!