• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DO NOT update Samsung tablets to Android 5.0.2
Samsung began pushing out an update to Lollipop (5.0.2) to Samsung Note users. I installed the update on my note 12.2 (SM-P900)  and it broke connectivity to Airturn BT-105.  This also breaks BT connectivity to Logitech and other keyboards. Airturn is aware of the problem and has isolated it to Samsung/Google. Many have filled support tickets with Samsung. However, Samsung is an oblivious, bumbling, bureaucracy...

Gary
Does the mobilesheets app itself work OK with this update?
Toshiba AT300se. Android 4.1.1.
(07-18-2015, 02:28 AM)garystearns Wrote: Samsung is an oblivious, bumbling, bureaucracy...

That's one interpretation of the situation. Another might be that they are heading towards a proprietary system and stopping the use of 3rd party hardware devices is a step in that direction.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
(07-18-2015, 05:44 PM)MickH Wrote: Does the mobilesheets app itself work OK with this update?

Yes, both MobileSheets and MobileSheets Pro seem to work fine under Samsung Note Pro 12.2 with Android 5.0.2. I didn't see any problems other than the bluetooth issues to pedals and keyboards.
(07-18-2015, 07:53 PM)GraemeJ Wrote:
(07-18-2015, 02:28 AM)garystearns Wrote: Samsung is an oblivious, bumbling, bureaucracy...

That's one interpretation of the situation.  Another might be that they are heading towards a proprietary system and stopping the use of 3rd party hardware devices is a step in that direction.

My comment is based on my experiences interacting with their customer support, who are clueless with what is going on with their product and other parts of the company...

This appears to be a Samsung Android bug that is being worked based on interaction with partner R&D organizations. No ETA on update.

Gary
What does "No ETA on update" mean?
http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/eta
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Estimated Time of Arrival.

In other words "we don't know when the problem will fixed" or "don't hold your breath" Smile .
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here