• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nested Folder in Mobilesheets Pro
It used to be under Mobilesheets, that I would organize my folders and nest them and on a batch import, MobileSheets would recognize this and categorize all my songs for me.  For example:  sdcard/gig folder/top40band/tenor sax/

Then the proper album, collection info would get filled out for me based on the folder layout.

I can't seem to figure out how to do this in MobileSheets Pro.  I've read the manual a little bit, but there seems to be no mention of this.

Workout around:  I've exported my library from MobileSheets and am now importing this into MobileSheets Pro.  That seems to do the trick.  

Again:  How do I get batch import to recognize my nested folders and auto-fill my collection, album, artist info etc.

Help!
Hello,

The feature you are describing (updating metadata based upon the folder structure) was one that I didn't get a lot of feedback on, and I didn't get the sense that a lot of users took advantage of this feature. The structure of the library in MobileSheetsPro has also changed quite a bit to allow multiple values per field along with a slew of new fields. I had to redesign the way batch importing worked, and during this process, it was quicker and easier to get rid of the feature to populate metadata based upon folder names.

If users want this feature back, I can certainly reintroduce it to work with MobileSheetsPro, but the feedback I got in the past is that people really want something different or something more, such as the ability to choose which fields should be associated with each folder depth during the import. This could look something like:

%COMPOSER%/%KEY%/%GENRE%

This would use each top level folder for composer, each of their subfolders as key, and the subfolders of those folders are genre. I think this might provide more flexibility so that more users could leverage the feature. Thoughts?

Mike
Please bring it back! OR describe to me how I might better import/manage my tunes.
I play in a few different bands, and I also keep several real books organized using the nested folders approach. As it is right now, I'm using the old mobile sheets.. then creating a backup... then importing that backup into Pro. I've got almost 5K tunes! I need that batch feature...

OR... can you tell me what's the most efficient way to keep my PDFs organized? Right now it looks something like this:
gig folder/realbooks/realbook folder
gig folder/BbReal Books/Bb Books
gig folder/top40 band/Top 40/
gig folder/Salsa Band/Salsa/

The advantage of keeping them like that was the batch import... then, I could just click on album.. and all my stuff would be sorted! It was genius man!! Please bring it back... or you know, is the ideal situation now keeping my stuff in one PDF file with boookmarks in it or something? What's the recommended way of organizing your stuff?
I'm bt017's opinion. We need the feature back!
But I like your idea to be able to choose the subfolder order manually by an dynamically string (like %COMPOSER%/%KEY%/%GENRE%) much more. I really hope to get back the feature (or an optimized version of the feature) so i can buy and use the new MobileSheets version
Thanks
(04-20-2015, 03:21 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Hello,

If users want this feature back, I can certainly reintroduce it to work with MobileSheetsPro, but the feedback I got in the past is that people really want something different or something more, such as the ability to choose which fields should be associated with each folder depth during the import.  This could look something like:

%COMPOSER%/%KEY%/%GENRE%

This would use each top level folder for composer, each of their subfolders as key, and the subfolders of those folders are genre. I think this might provide more flexibility so that more users could leverage the feature. Thoughts?

Yes, please, please do this! It would be exactly what I need to simplify future imports.

Thanks,
- Steven
That would be nice, although it will lead to other desires, no doubt...

For example
%COLLECTION%/%ARTIST - %TITLE (%KEY)
where the (%KEY%) part is optional.

It quickly gets quite complex.

See also http://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum/...3#pid11523 .
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).