• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sun is shining, let's go out
Next week I have a gig out in the open, during daytime. I was wondering: can you still read the scores on the tablet under these conditions? My tablet has an anti-glare film installed.
What are your experiences?
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
The sun can be really bright here (Spain) and playing outside is almost the norm during the summer months, so this is something that affects us greatly.

I've never had a problem using the Colorfly, although I do try and seek a bit of shade, wherever possible - if only for my own comfort Smile . I have yet to try the Samsung under these conditions, but I'm not envisioning any problems with it. Neither has an anti-glare filter.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
Well, it wasn't even sunny and I still had a hard time reading the tablet under bright daylight conditions. It seems the anti-glare filter catches and distracts the light, making it look like ground glass. I checked my collegue's iPad and this one was much better to read.
So although an anti-glare filter is great under most circumstances, it's not a good idea for bright daylight conditions. It's a pity it is so hard to put on otherwise I would definitely have considered removing it just for the gig.
Johan
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Why not just remove it permanently?
Graeme

Some of my music here
Because the reflections on the screen bother me.
In the early days, screens were non-reflective and high-contrast. I never understood why it suddenly became necessary to make laptops and monitors (and tablets) glossy. Yes, it gives the impression that the colours are slightly deeper but the reflections make it harder to use under many circumstances. When I put my laptop on my lap, most I see is the reflection of my shirt.

But probably it's also a matter of taste.
Johan
Have you tried using MSP in inverse colour mode? I find this preferable anyway, for 95% of the time.
Graeme

Some of my music here
Hmm, no, bit that's definitely a good suggestion to try.
Johan
I tried to find shade as best as I could and turned up the brightness as much as possible.
The Galaxy Note (2014) series should have a anti-reflective coating. I know mine does (Note 12.2) I will also note that the screen protector I have on it (Zagg) greatly increased reflectivity, even though it claims to be anti-reflective. However, either way I can still read my music without much difficulty in broad daylight.

General note regarding Samsung devices: the display actually gets brighter than 100% if you put the brightness on auto and you're in a brightly lit place. I believe this applies only to Samsung devices. (I've tested the Note 12.2 and the new Galaxy S6 and found this to be the case.)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 with Tapatalk