• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any fix for loss of the virtual keyboard on a Galaxy Note Pro with an Air-turn Ped
(07-23-2015, 07:53 PM)Cor Maijs Wrote: Angry After Android 5.0 was installed on my Samsung P900 the AirTurn doesn't function anymore.
Do we have to wait for a bugfix from Android or is there anyone who found a solution ?

Sorry to hear about this. I had the same too as millions of other people. The androidcentral forum is buzzing with this. Latest news is that Samsung admitted to an error (at least to Logitech and hope this will apply to Airturn and Cicadia Pageflip as well). So the only thing to do while waiting is this complicated procedure to flash back to Kitkat. It worked for me and many others. Here's the step by step thing to do from Androidcentral =
Quote:(Note - after flashing it took a few minutes to get the tablet to reboot in recovery mode at which time I wiped all date - factory reset and all was fine and my two bluetooth pedals (Airturn and Pageflip) back in business). I noticed a "symptom" of the 5.0.2 fault, that is while pairing the Pageflip it is recognized as a "dual pedal" in 5.0.2 while in Kitkat it has a number before pairing and once paired a message "bluetooth keyboard connected" appears).
So here's how to downgrade to Kitkat :

and consv 93's original post :
Hi folks,

I got the 5.0 update for the Verizon Galaxy S5 (SM-G900V) and really dislike it. Does anyone know of a method to downgrade it to 4.4.4?

**UPDATE** I was able to successfully downgrade to 4.4.4. Here is a tutorial for those who may find this post and want to do the same. My S5 is the Verizon model; this should work on all Galaxy S5s. Do this at your own risk, preferably while your S5 is under warranty (though keep in mind your carrier's warranty policies may vary and may not cover you in the very slight chance something goes horribly wrong.)

1. Download Samsung Kies and back up your phone data. Remove the microSD card from your phone if you have one. Make sure your phone has a good charge (at least 50%).

2. Download the firmware you want to downgrade to at SamMobile dot com slash firmwares. (All S5s are model number SM-G900x, with the x corresponding to your carrier. Look up the model number for your carrier's phone - example, SM-G900V is Verizon, SM-G900P is Sprint, etc.) You'll probably want the latest 4.4.x version. The file will be in .zip format and will be 1.5 - 2 GB large, so be patient.

3. Once the download is complete, extract the firmware file to a place you will remember, like a folder on your desktop.

4. Download Odin from a reputable source like Softpedia or another site that tests its downloads for malware.

5. Make sure your phone is off and disconnected from your computer.

6. Open Odin. Under Options, only "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time" should be checked.

7. Click the "AP" (or "PDA") box and browse for the extracted firmware file.

8. Press and hold the following buttons in order: Volume Down + Home + Power. Keep holding them until you see a screen that says "Warning!!" at the top.

9. Press the Volume Up button to continue.

10. The next screen will show the Android logo and say "ODIN MODE" at the top left.

11. Now connect your phone to your computer via USB.

12. In Odin, look to the top left and wait until you see in the leftmost box "COM" followed by a colon and a number, such as "COM:4". The number doesn't matter. Once you see that, you can proceed.

13. In the Message box in Odin, you should see several lines of text.

14. Press Start in Odin. 

15. Odin will begin processing, and on your screen you will see "Downloading" with a status bar underneath. 

16. When Odin is successfully finished, you will see in the Message box "All threads completed".

17. Your S5 should begin rebooting. You can disconnect from the computer.

18. If your S5 reboots successfully into good old 4.4, you're done! You can re-insert your microSD card. If your data is gone, connect to your computer and restore with Samsung Kies.

If your S5 gets stuck in booting mode (mine got stuck on the Verizon screen during booting), wait a few minutes to see if it boots. If it doesn't, remove the battery, put it back in, and try powering it on again. If that doesn't work, do the following:

1. Press in order: Volume Up + Home + Power until you see an Android screen.

2. Use Volume Down to scroll to "wipe data/factory reset" and press Power to select it. (Make sure you have backed up your phone!)

3. On the next screen, scroll to Yes, select it, and your phone will reset.

4. When it's done, select reboot system now and it will reboot. You should enter the original S5 welcome & setup process.

5. Restore your data using Samsung Kies. This will restore most of everything; you may need to re-setup the home screens and some of your settings, though.

6. If your phone still doesn't boot properly, you'll probably need to take it in to your carrier. Since most/all S5s are under a year old at this point, you should be covered by your carrier's warranty, and they should either fix it or give you a new S5 which will most likely have Android 4.4 on it, so you still get the firmware you wanted and you can restore using Kies.

Depending on your carrier your phone will nag you to update to Android 5.0. Just ignore these messages for as long as you want 4.4.

I hope this helps other folks!

[url=http://forums.androidcentral.com/editpost.php?p=4558322&do=editpost][/url]

Messages In This Thread
To Sam or to Sung - by sciurius - 07-18-2015, 06:08 PM
RE: Any fix for loss of the virtual keyboard on a Galaxy Note Pro with an Air-turn Ped - by marais - 07-23-2015, 08:00 PM