• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please help
I downloaded the pro version onto my Samsung Galaxy 4. I bought the tablet strictly to be able to use for playing music. I cannot get even 1 PDF to load into Mobilesheets. I have also downloaded the companion onto my Dell laptop. I don't know what to do. I have spent literally hours trying to make this work.
Thank you
Jeff Huh
What exactly have you tried that has prevented you from loading up a PDF? What steps did you follow? What error messages did you receive? If you want help you'll have to provide more details.
Samsung Note 10.1 GT-N8013ZW / iPad Pro / AirTurn BT-105 / AirTurn BT200S-4
I was just able to pull a few in, if I move them from my laptop to my tablet without using the companion. Then I have to go to the folder on my tablet and click on the PDF and select MobileSheets to open it. I cannot pull it in from mobilesheets though, as I cannot find it from the menu in MobileSheets. For the Companion, my tablet does connect to my computer, but the companion states that it cannot connect to it.
(06-19-2015, 11:05 AM)Splbuilder Wrote: I downloaded the pro version onto my Samsung Galaxy 4. I bought the tablet strictly to be able to use for playing music. I cannot get even 1 PDF to load into Mobilesheets. I have also downloaded the companion onto my Dell laptop. I don't know what to do. I have spent literally hours trying to make this work.
Thank you
Jeff Huh

MobileSheets is not for "playing music"! It is an application for musicians to read music charts.

Nobody in their right mind would use a device with a 5" screen for this purpose.

If you want MS as a musician, you have purchased the wrong device, if you want it for playing music, then you have the wrong application.

Please be more specific in what you actually want the Galaxy 4 and MS to do for you.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
Jeff,

I replied to your email, but i'm also responding here just in case you check this first:

I'll start with what should happen with the companion app, and then what to do if those steps don't work.

1) Load up the companion app on your computer (should have a blue icon)
2) Load up MobileSheetsPro on the tablet (blue icon) and tap on the three dots at the top right of the screen and tap on "Sync to PC"
3) Make sure you are using Wi-fi, do not try to use USB.
4) The companion app should pop up a window indicating that the tablet wants to connect. Double click on the tablet to connect.
5) Once the tablet connects, you will be able to manage your library. Drag & drop a PDF on the window to import a file.
6) Enter the information in the song editor, then tap OK to finish. The song will be transferred.
7) Close the companion app to disconnect and ensure that the file is available on the tablet.

If #4 or #5 doesn't work, then you may have a firewall on your computer. The first thing you want to do is unblock the MobileSheetsPro companion. Go to Control Panel->Windows Firewall->Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall->check both boxes for MobileSheetsPro companion. If that doesn't work, then disable any anti-virus software you have running (most have firewalls included) or allow ports 16568, 16569 and 8888. If that doesn't work, try rebooting your router (this works for a lot of people with connection problems).

If none of those issues fix the connection problem, let me know.

You stated above that "I cannot pull it in from mobilesheets though, as I cannot find it from the menu in MobileSheets". What did you mean by this? The easiest way to import a file from MobileSheetsPro, is to open it, then go to Import at the top of the screen->Local File->Go to Root/sdcard/<wherever you store your PDFs>, and select the pdfs you want to import from there.

Hopefully we can get you up and running quickly.

Graeme - I think he is using the Galaxy Tab 4, as he wouldn't have been able to install MS Pro on a phone .
I'm sorry if you think my reply was misleading, or wrong. However, I can only reply, based on the information given - if that is not correct or incomplete, then all bets are off Smile .
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
You certainly weren't wrong in what you said Smile In his email he said he bought a tablet, so I just had to assume he meant the galaxy tab 4.