• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add Bookmarks to Setlists
I understand Tom's request, because I initially tried to do the same thing Smile As I have probably mentioned before, I use MobileSheets in our church choir, and another member has an iPad with the app forScore, and that app's bookmarks work the way Tom describes.

In the past I followed Zuberman's approach for multiple songs that are in the same folio, but I've noticed an undesirable side effect: when I do a backup of my songs, it copies the source PDF multiple times, making the backup file larger than it needs to be (even though all of the songs point to the same PDF file). Because of this issue, I finally decided to break the PDF into separate JPG files (using the included utility) and I edited those songs to refer to the desired individual pages.

However, it would still be nice to be able to reference the individual songs the way Tom has suggested. One way to do this would be to redefine what a bookmark is, by including both a start and ending page. Maybe you could call this something different, like a "shortcut". And the shortcut could be used the same as any normal song, i.e. it could be added to set lists, etc. In fact, it would probably make sense to let the "shortcut" have its own meta data that is distinct from the parent "song" PDF, since if there are multiple songs in a PDF file, each might have its own artist, key, etc.

Just my 2 cents here.

Messages In This Thread
Add Bookmarks to Setlists - by TomChurch - 02-17-2013, 03:41 AM
RE: Add Bookmarks to Setlists - by Zubersoft - 02-17-2013, 08:15 AM
RE: Add Bookmarks to Setlists - by Snard - 02-17-2013, 10:22 AM
RE: Add Bookmarks to Setlists - by Zubersoft - 02-18-2013, 04:51 AM
RE: Add Bookmarks to Setlists - by TomChurch - 03-09-2013, 03:01 AM
RE: Add Bookmarks to Setlists - by Corné - 01-04-2014, 07:05 AM
RE: Add Bookmarks to Setlists - by Zubersoft - 01-06-2014, 07:22 PM
RE: Add Bookmarks to Setlists - by Corné - 01-06-2014, 09:36 PM
RE: Add Bookmarks to Setlists - by wphantom - 03-04-2014, 03:51 AM