• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two-page mode
I presently have mine set to turn two pages at a time. I'd personally find it helpful if, when there's an odd number of pages, for the final page to be shown by itself on the left. Maybe it's just me, but I keep getting thrown by this and it takes me a moment before I realise I shouldn't be playing the same page that I've just played (which is now displayed on the left) Rolleyes
I agree with you. I raised this problem in a post "Landscape 2-page display" on 04-16-2015 and you might wish to look at the replies. Presently I get around this by simply adding a blank page to scores with an odd number of pages. (Select song with long press, tap Edit Song, tap Files, tap last icon with + in the field.)
Thanks Tom, glad to hear I'm not the only one who's mentioned it. Seems to me it would be a simple thing to fix but guess I'll have to try your workaround for now.
This is on my list of things to do, I just haven't fixed it yet. I agree that it would be better. As a side note, I think I'm going to center a page if it's by itself, as I think that's better than displaying it just on the left side.
(07-01-2015, 03:04 PM)Zuberman Wrote: As a side note, I think I'm going to center a page if it's by itself, as I think that's better than displaying it just on the left side.

Not sure that I agree with you there. The left hand side is where one would expect to see the last page if reading paper.

I think MS should mimic that as closely as possible, rather than try to change a habit born from a lifetime of reading paper copies. This is a wheel that doesn't need re-inventing.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
(07-01-2015, 03:54 PM)GraemeJ Wrote:
(07-01-2015, 03:04 PM)Zuberman Wrote: As a side note, I think I'm going to center a page if it's by itself, as I think that's better than displaying it just on the left side.

Not sure that I agree with you there. The left hand side is where one would expect to see the last page if reading paper.

I think MS should mimic that as closely as possible, rather than try to change a habit born from a lifetime of reading paper copies. This is a wheel that doesn't need re-inventing.

I agree with Graeme here. When I turn the page on a paper score, my eyes automatically go to the upper left corner.
If that's what you guys prefer, I can certainly do that. It will probably make the logic even simpler, as I don't technically have to change anything as far as how the last page is drawn (I just have to allow an empty section on the right side).
Yes, I agree with Graeme as well. That is the problem with the current last page display - your eyes go to the wrong place. It's good to hear that it's on the to-do list. Thanks.
I don't agree with this thread. I don't use a wireless pedal, so it is always good to have as much music on the screen at a time as possible. Maybe you should just make it an option to turn just one page at a time, or both. That would simplify it.

EDIT: Disregard that. (foot in mouth😀Wink MS already has that feature (single page turn in dual page view) Apparently I set it and forgot about it. Sorry about that.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 with Tapatalk