• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[fixed in 1.3.0] transposing ChordPro: sharps vs. flats
Recently I transposed a ChordPro file from C to A. The Am and Em chords from the source were transposed to Gbm and Dbm instead of the expected F#m and C#m. From a computer's point of view that might be the same, but musically it is not fully correct and a bit confusing. To solve that 100% in each and every case might be not easy. But I think "if a ChordPro file is transposed and the destination key is G, D, A, E or B prefer sharps instead of flats for destination chords" would be a huge improvement in many relevant cases.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

A similar issue was reported here: http://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum/...p?tid=2824

As part of that fix, I've changed the code to prefer sharps when the key of the song uses sharps.
That fix is not published yet, right? The issue I reported happened with MSP 1.1.8
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11

Correct, it's bundled with a big update I'm working on. I'm trying to finish things up, but some of the new features are taking a considerable amount of time. I've found some bugs with the new PDF library I'm using, so I've been submitting bug reports to the company and I'm hoping they will get them fixed before I release my update.
(07-04-2015, 07:04 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Correct, it's bundled with a big update I'm working on.  I'm trying to finish things up, but some of the new features are taking a considerable amount of time. I've found some bugs with the new PDF library I'm using, so I've been submitting bug reports to the company and I'm hoping they will get them fixed before I release my update.

Any updates on this? I bought Pro specifically for the transpose function, and I'm having to go through and manually transpose files. While I can process D/Gb when I'm concentrating only on playing, when I'm playing & singing, I end up making mistakes all over the place.
I'm testing the next update and trying to wrap it up. My time to work on MobileSheets has been limited lately, but I'm doing the best I can to finish it as soon as possible.

Mike
It works fine in the current version. To make it work correctly also for minor keys we have to use the parallel major key. Example: for song originally in Gm set "Key:" to Bb. Setting "Transpose:" to e.g. F produces chords for Dm as result with flats as expected.
If you want to try it: attached "Summertime" (Gershwin) in Gm

Attached Files
.pro   Summertime_Ak.pro (Size: 269 bytes / Downloads: 1)

I have to correct my last post: I did not notice the "Minor" check box. If it is set, there is a bug left: Dm and Gm should be handled with flats, not with sharps.
E.g. if "Summertime" from above is transposed from Gm to Dm there should be a Bb, not an A#

I have a fix in place for this now - thanks for pointing that out.
Fixed now, thank you.
I change [partly fixed in 1.2.6] to [fixed in 1.3.0]